Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To the mommas with more than one kid..how do you do it!?!?! Im about to have a breakdown!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:56 PM
  • 16 Replies
OMG..my 19 month old is TRULY testing me. All last week DH was home so he was an angel, as always. But jeez..now that I'm alone with him and the baby, he wants to kill me! This morning, he ALWAYS wakes me up, well he didn't this morning...I finally woke up whenever I heard the TV turn on and the volume was al the way up. I woke up and walked in the living room...the ENTIRE thing of oreos was gone, DH left them out last night and Parker decided to eat all of them! THE WHOLE BOX! He dumped out the salt and pepper shakers (DH left those on the side table last night) and made pictures on the coffee table. At 1 we were all going to lay down for a nap, he decided to empty the baby's dresser and DH dresser (I fell asleep first). He decided to breast feed off of me!!!!!!!!!!!! AND BIT MY NIPPLE!!!!!!!!! BTW he never breast fed, my milk dried up with him, but I have been able to feed my newborn. So OUCH! I put him in his bedroom to take a nap and I'm not one to do the CIO method, but I felt I had no choice! He's just REALLY testing me today, getting into EVERYTHING. He knows to keep his toys in the playroom, they are ALL OVER THE HOUSE! I'm just looking around and wanting to pull my hair out. How do you ladies handle more than one kid? This is insane and I'm hoping that he'll stop testing me REALLY soon. I want things to go back to normal and for him to be the sweet well behaved boy he was!

toddler boyParker (6-1-07) baby boyColten (1-15-09) 

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lori2929
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Wait,till hes 17 .lol

Rhynestonefreak
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:58 PM
oh thanks lol
Quoting Lori2929:

Wait,till hes 17 .lol

Ms.Dean
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:59 PM

I have 3 under the age of 5. I get through my day by knowing I can only do one thing at a time. I also lock myself in the bathroom or my room for 15 minutes if the kids are being extra bratty. Good luck!

Amaris_amor
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 3:59 PM

I have a 10 month old and she won't stop fussing!! Not hungry, just changed her, not her nap time.. UGH!

mom2coco_noah
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:01 PM
Girl! It's okay!! I have 3, 3 and under and my DH is on deployment! It's hard but you'll get through it! All little ones like to test their parents...sometimes I think my 3 year old is a demon child! You'll get through it and if you feel like you have to cry, go to the bathroom, shut the door for 5 minutes and cry, let it out! You'll feel better afterwards. I lock myself in the bathroom and I just sit there for 5 minutes to give myself a little time! I also just step outside and sit on the porch for a few minutes to keep myself under control without my kids. Not long but for like 5 minutes. Just a breath of fresh air to keep my cool! You don't want to let your little one see you lose it! Good Luck and if you need someone to talk to PM me! ~Becky

Twilightbelievefinalsiggy.gif picture by chloebethsmommy 

Babylove135
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:02 PM

I have 3 that are 23 months and 21 months apart so I feel your pain.  It will get easier.  Your son may just be acting out because a new baby is a BIG change.  I would suggest putting up a baby gate to keep him in his room that way he doesn't get into anything before you wake up.  Also try and spend some one on one time with him that way he doesn't feel left out.  And tell your DH to pick up after himself so he has less to get into.  Good luck!!

Come join our group where you can talk about whatever you want with no drama!!     www.cafemom.com/group/BusyB

shandrarose
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:03 PM

oh i have my days.. it seems like my two year old (three in april) uhm hmm decided he just doesnt like to obey lately.. hhaha and this morning he was going to throw tuckers (4 month old) diaper in the trash for me and tossed it onto his face! ughh he just has been a lot to handle lately..

MommySteph06
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:03 PM

I have a 2 yo and a 10 month old. During the week I also watch a 4 yo, another 2 yo, another 10 month old, and a 1 yo. It's tough but you just have to believe that you CAN do this and you WILL do this. Thats how I get through it. Yea, there are bad days where I think I'd rather crawl in a box and die than deal with 6 kids, but it's not that bad. Mainly, you just have to keep everyone busy.

Before I started watching the other 4, I kept my dd busy by asking her to help me with the baby. Or help me with this or that. She felt proud of herself for helping me plus it kept her busy and occupied. Just be patient momma!

relosansil
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:03 PM

I have a 2 1/2 yo and a 6yo, the only way I get thru is thinking that every thing they are doing or going thru is a phase, and it's going to pass....  Try to enjoy it....lol... he is just trying to call your attention to him, and him only.... maybe a little jealous of the baby....

Rhynestonefreak
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:04 PM
hahahaha yeah he already heard an ear full. I called him this morning asking what he was thinking leaving everything out. He's usually really good about picking up after himself..not last night though lol
Quoting Babylove135:

I have 3 that are 23 months and 21 months apart so I feel your pain.  It will get easier.  Your son may just be acting out because a new baby is a BIG change.  I would suggest putting up a baby gate to keep him in his room that way he doesn't get into anything before you wake up.  Also try and spend some one on one time with him that way he doesn't feel left out.  And tell your DH to pick up after himself so he has less to get into.  Good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)