Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

allergic reaction?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:14 PM
  • 9 Replies

I was wondering if anyone had any clue what this could be. I will say that I have a doc appointment but it is 2 months away and they wont make it any sooner because it is not considered an emergency.

For the last few months I have become allergic to so many things. The only thing I have ever been allergic to was pollen and dust and several alcohols. A few months ago I ate a peach and swelled up and was itchy all over which was wierd because I have never been allergic to them. Then a few weeks later I was eating some chips and immediately after eating a few I had an asthma attack. Then a few days later my whole body started feeling itchy so I bought a differant laundry detergent (i have used the same laundry detergent for years) one that has no dyes or perfume. I also stopped using fabric sheets. It has stopped since I swiched. Then I bought some new makeup...same kind I always use...just a new bottle and my face swelled up and has been dry and itchy since. I stopped using it and it is getting better. Then last night I ate a yogurt and felt like I do when I drink...sick to my stomach, itchy all over and a wierd feeling in my shoulders that is very uncomfortable.  Has anyone ever heard of this before? All of a sudden becoming allergic to things that they never have been allergic too? Like I said, I have a doc appt but this is just driving me crazy...anyone have any ideas? I have to go and pick up a boy I babysitt from school so I will be back to check on this...Thanks in advance ladies if you have any clue.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
adulation
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:16 PM

i have no idea, but here's a bump.

andoloam
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:13 PM

no one has any idea?

andoloam
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:23 PM

thanks...anyone else?

Quoting adulation:

i have no idea, but here's a bump.

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:33 AM

wave

Hi
andoloam,

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

medical questions

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

smadar
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Sounds like you need an allergy test.  Sorry, i know that wasn't much help. You can get an allergy to anything at any time.  I have never i my life had allergies, up until the last year, and i seem to be allergic to everything lately. I'm scheduled for an allergy test in he next few weeks.

On another thought, it could not be even related to anything you are eating, could be something you have touched, such as new cleaning products, spraying new products in your house. Something you are putting on yoru child that you are coming in contact with.

smadar
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Oh also maybe you could try some over the counter products for allergies, something that last for 24 hours. Maybe that will help  until you can see a doctor.  My doctor recomended zyrtec, but i have also taken Claritin as well.

supermami83
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:46 AM

I'm not sure but it sounds like a pain in the butt!!!! If they are waiting so long to see you (and ur ins will cover) i would maybe go to ER while having a reaction and see if that will get u anywhere.... bump

...Dance like nobody's watching, Love like you've never been hurt....

andoloam
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Thanks ladies, this is just so wierd becasue it just happened all of a sudden and has continued for the last few months

Shylie
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:55 AM

When I was pregnant I finally started getting hay fever and other allergies, found out later I'm violently allergic to penicillin. Pregnancy does weird things to the body, but you're certainly noticing a great many new ones in a short time! I would talk to your doc and see what's happening. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)