Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teenagers

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:17 PM
  • 0 Replies

I don't know what to do. I try to talk to my niece and do everything I can to make her feel better about herself but I just don't know what else to do. I'm so sick of hearring her talk about how she has no friends and no one likes her and she ugly and she's everything you can think of. Last night she went with me and my sis to the grocery store and after we left she was saying she forgot to have her mom buy her snacks for lunch because on certain days she doesn't eat lunch because hse has no wear to sit. I sai oh does non of your firends have the same lunch as you on those days? and she said no I just don't have any friends so I have no where to sit. On the other days I have somewhere to sit but not because I have friends to sit with. I feeel like crying when I hear her talk like this and don't know what to do. I was much like her but I always seemed to have atleast one friend. She is always saying she doesn't want to go back to school cause some one will say something about something anything her hair her clothes. It'a not like she doesn't have nice things my sister doesn't send her to school looking like a bumb but kids always pick on her. One year she had the new Jordans and this girl still made fun of her shoes asked her if her mom got them at the dollar store. I tried to tell her that the kid was just jealous and that she just wanted to make her feel bad but she wouldn't listen. She has all name brand stuff and geys whatever she wants it just doesn't seem to be enough.  I just want to save her. I guess atleast she only has 3 yrs left. Any advice on hleping a teen get through this?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)