Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A turkey gave its life so tonight I may have shepherds pie.

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:19 PM
  • 12 Replies

I honor you turkey by making you into a delicious meal.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Partyof4plus1
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:21 PM

crying  God bless you mister turkey....you've made this woman and her family very happy.

lol 

Babylove135
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:22 PM

LOL - What a brave turkey!

OK totally off topic here but I saw your siggy and was wondering what Prolonged QT Interval is.

Come join our group where you can talk about whatever you want with no drama!!     www.cafemom.com/group/BusyB

Grneydmomof2
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:23 PM

laughingYou made me LOL!!!!

lindsay99

wtf is shepards pie? hubby is always asking me to make it... but i dont even know what it is!

VerucaSallt

It's a heart condition where basically the heart takes to long to reset after each beat causing the afflicted to go into sudden cardiac arrest.  That's the short explanation. 

Quoting Babylove135:

OK totally off topic here but I saw your siggy and was wondering what Prolonged QT Interval is.

VerucaSallt
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:25 PM

OMG!!!!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/30-minute-shepherds-pie-recipe/index.html

Meat, veggies and gravy in a pie plate with mashed potatoes on top.  Mmmmm!!!

Quoting lindsay99:

wtf is shepards pie? hubby is always asking me to make it... but i dont even know what it is!

Babylove135
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:26 PM

Wow that has to be scary.  Thanks for explaining it.  I know I could have looked it up but I probably wouldn't have understood the medical explanation.

Quoting VerucaSallt:

It's a heart condition where basically the heart takes to long to reset after each beat causing the afflicted to go into sudden cardiac arrest.  That's the short explanation. 

Quoting Babylove135:

Come join our group where you can talk about whatever you want with no drama!!     www.cafemom.com/group/BusyB

VerucaSallt
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:28 PM

Yea, it's really only understandable when you either have a medical degree or a child with the condition.  I of course, am the latter.  He takes meds and maintains it well, we just carry an AED (the things with the paddles that shocks the heart) wherever he goes just in case.

Quoting Babylove135:

Wow that has to be scary.  Thanks for explaining it.  I know I could have looked it up but I probably wouldn't have understood the medical explanation.

Quoting VerucaSallt:

Quoting Babylove135:

houstonsucks
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:49 PM

The turkey survived to gobble another day...
A brave chicken got his head lobbed off so I could make a chicken and rice casserole...

Awesome and easy recipe...

1 lb chicken
2 boxes wild rice (prepared)
1 can cheese soup
1 package mushrooms
1/2 bag diced green peppers
1 diced onion
1 sleeve ritz crackers
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese...

dice and brown chicken, mushrooms,onion and bell peppers...
mix all ingredients except crackers and shredded cheese and put in casserole dish... smash crackers and top and then top with shredded cheese...
bake 350 for 30 minutes...

mooremom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:51 PM

funny post

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)