Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im a little pissed and i hate liars and ex-wifes sorry venting-alittle long

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:21 PM
  • 6 Replies

ok my husbands ex-wife has gotten ahold of a company called Support Kids and has told them that we havent paid no money to her for child support at all and now they are wanting to take 450 out of my husbands check each month to get got up on back support which in my opinion is a bunch of BS. we are going to court in the spring time to get a current amount in back support we owe and a new monthly amount to be sending to her and they say at support kids that til we go to court they will go with the old court order and i think it should be in void cause the ex wife moved out of state without letting my husband know and has so many other things that she did wrong. i admit we are not all angel's here cause we were not paying her the full amount but my husband lost his job and got another one making less money and we were short with support a 100 dollars each month and she accepted the payments for 3 yrs untill she moved and then it wasnt good enough for her no more. my husband and ex wife didnt go through child support they went face to face to deal with it between them selves. im just venting and am still highly pissed off over this how can someone lie and be so cruel?? 

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Partyof4plus1
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:23 PM

If I remember right...Support Kids will charge her for their services.  It was a bitchy thing for her to do if you ask me. 

Tisha1115
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:40 PM

As a single mom here is my view. Yes she should have said something earlier and she could have taken a different road (ie you wouldn't see you tax return money until he was caught up) but he had those kids and he should help support them. Since he losy his job he fell behind, but the lower paying job is no excuse (sorry). He should have applied (through the court) for a change in the support order. My ex did that and they reduced his support by $300 a month. If he would have done the sooner you wouldn't have this problem, so if there is anyone to be mad at, it should be him not the woman who is raising his children.

mammaoftwins
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:42 PM

yeah see that's the thing about not going through CS. You don't have any good records and will have a harder time proving you actually paid. Which she obviously found out and is able to go back now and ask for back CS. I would try to get any and all records of pmts you made. Present them in court. I would also get with your lawyer to show him/her what you got from support kids to see if you can delay it until your court date.

TLozier
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:47 PM

my dh and i went through something similar this fall. he paid his ex in cash for her spousal support...CASH!! he had no proof that he paid her..none. i told him that he needed a paper trail otherwise all that money would be considered a gift. he had one month left to pay that bitch and she took him to court for $1800.00 for unpaid spousal support. surprise, surprise!!!! now he has to pay $700.00  a month for child/spousal support. she probably would've just let it go, but she was pissed we got married. anyway....good luck!!!! 

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:21 AM

wave

Hi dvswyf

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:

Advice for Moms

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

Rodie
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Just to let you know, Support Kids no longer has any jurisdiction to do this! ONLY the states DHS can!

There have been many lawsuits against support kids behind this very thing.

Get a good lawyer!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)