Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies For Sale (this is absolutely sickening!)

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:53 PM
  • 15 Replies

The following entry below is an actual blog entry from an "adoption consultant".  The adoption industry loves to claim that the prices charged isn't equivellent to baby selling....well, then why are the prices different based off race(notice how a caucasion baby goes for almost $40,000 but mixed race or minority children go for less)?  Here is the link:

http://apathoftheheart.blogspot.com

The following are our most current situations available to our clients:
1.) *NEW* Caucasian/African-American Boy, 2/10/09, UT, $23K + potential medical expenses, *BM used marijuana during pregnancy and wants open adoption with poss visits
2.) *NEW* African-America/Hispanic Girl, 2/28/09, Maryland, $20K, Alcohol exp during pregnancy
3.) *NEW* Caucasian/Hispanic Unk Gender, $35K, May
4.) Caucasian Unk Gender, $37K, June
5.) Caucasian/African-American Boy, $30-35K, Apr
6.) Caucasian/African-American Boy, $30-35K, June
7.) African-American Boy, 2/23/09, $20K, GA
8.) African-American Girl, 3/10/09, $20K, AL
9.) African-American Boy, 3/13/09, $20K, GA
10.) African-American Boy, 3/25/09, $24, UT
11.) African-American Girl, 4/11/09, $24K, UT

Contact me at karalee@christianadoptionconsultants.com if you're interested or to find out more about CAC.

I am not an unfit mother.  I am not a drug addict.  I am not abusive.  I am not neglectful.  I love both my children.  For reasons that are only my own, I relinquished my child.  It does not mean I do not love her.  It does not mean I sold her.  People must learn to educate themselves about adoption and its life-long affects to adoptees and their mothers before making ignorant statements.  Birthmother you say?  No, I am not a convenient breeder for someone else's child.  That child is still mine, if only in my heart.  She shares my genes, my eyes, my smile....No, please do not call me birthmother.  First mom or natural mother is my title.

http://lifeasfirstmom.blogspot.com/

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rag_dollmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:54 PM

WTF IS THIS?? IS THAT EVEN LEGAL>>>>>>>>>>>>?????????????????????????

Kidsmamabear
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:56 PM

WOW!!!!

Brandi1999
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:58 PM

I wonder how that's legal !

ElaineZ1997
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:59 PM

It's sad but true.  The fees are supposed to be for the birth mother's expense the fee for the lawyer to connect the birth mother to the new parents.  it's their "admin" fee.  Go figure.  It's a shame. I think a several years back 20/20 did a story about babies for sale and that's what they "say" the money is for.

haydensmama08
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:00 PM

it seems like a good number of these babies had bm who drank or used drugs while they were pregnant. i wonder if they are selling druggy moms babyies for them and making a profit of thier own.

1-teen-mommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:02 PM

wtf??? that is illegal isnt it???? that is terrible!!!

randi1978
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:03 PM

To say it's to pay birth mother fees is misleading.  I know many first mothers who were on medicaide and the adopting couple paid nothing to them in the way of medical fees or any living expenses.  I was on medicaid as well.  The only thing the adopting couple paid for was my lunch during our second meeting, and I still argued against that.

This money is lining pockets of agency staff and higher ups, not helping the women who surrender.

Billie_Bush
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:07 PM

wow...

aikorun
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Quoting randi1978:

This money is lining pockets of agency staff and higher ups, not helping the women who surrender.

As a birthmother I totally agree.  My agency had told me from the beginning to contact them if I needed a therapist to talk with and once the baby was placed I was no longer important.  I'm unsure if all agencies are money hungry but to me it seems like quite a few are.

helloitsme
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:11 PM

That's JUST SO WRONG IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE!!!!   GRRRRRRR

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)