Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Direct Deposit...really stupid question, but I'm curious

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:54 PM
  • 11 Replies

Does your employer offer direct deposit?  Mine does not!  I thought it was so strange when I started working here that they didn't offer dd.  It's not a tiny company either!  Good thing my credit union doesn't put a hold on my checks!  LOL

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Supervane
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Yes mine does but the last 2 employers I had did not.

Billie_Bush
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:56 PM

hubbys does, but we dont do it...

mommy-o-four
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:57 PM

We have our own business and we use a leasing company for our payroll (they DO offer direct deposit). If your company writes their own payroll checks, they usually don't have the option to do that.

nomadbrat83
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:58 PM

I don't think I've ever had an employer that didn't offer direct deposit. 

lizmarie1975
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Yes and has for quite a few years now. 

themacs4
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:00 PM

Well, I used to work in a bank so I know pretty much anyone can do it nowdays.  I know it costs money, though.  I thought it was just odd they didn't offer it.  Oh well.

Quoting mommy-o-four:

We have our own business and we use a leasing company for our payroll (they DO offer direct deposit). If your company writes their own payroll checks, they usually don't have the option to do that.

nemiller
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:01 PM

well, i'm not working right now, but all my employers but one in the past have offered DD.  and the one who didn't was a lady i was working privately for (home health care).  my husband's in the military and they do DD for everyone.

mommy-o-four
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:02 PM

You work in a BANK and they don't offer it?!?! LOL That's kinda funny. I personally wouldn't know how to go about direct depositing our employees checks if we did our own payroll, but I guess I could find out. HAHA

*Sorry...i just noticed you said USED to work in a bank. LOL*

Quoting themacs4:

Well, I used to work in a bank so I know pretty much anyone can do it nowdays.  I know it costs money, though.  I thought it was just odd they didn't offer it.  Oh well.

Quoting mommy-o-four:

themacs4
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:03 PM

No, I used to work in a bank!  LOL  The perks of working in a bank is that you get your pay a little early!  LOL

Quoting mommy-o-four:

You work in a BANK and they don't offer it?!?! LOL That's kinda funny. I personally wouldn't know how to go about direct depositing our employees checks if we did our own payroll, but I guess I could find out. HAHA

Quoting themacs4:

Quoting mommy-o-four:

MommyHobart
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:09 PM

My hubby works for Tire Kingdom and they do offer it. We use it because if not, we wouldn't get the check til Saturday after the bank is closed instead of being deposited on Friday.

Proud Wife of my mechanic David
Proud
 Mother of my beautiful Ashlynn Leigh

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)