Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welfare and Multiples due to invitro

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:12 PM
  • 56 Replies

So I was reading up on the story of the mom having octuplets...now many moms in this group has expressed their dislike for people having kids and being on welfare...So I want to know how would you feel if this family had to get on welfare now because they have 8 kids.  Now I know, that she herself couldn' t help how many kids she was having, but with invitro it is known that many women end up having multiples so she knew the risk.  How would you feel if they said they wanted more kids while still on welfare?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:13 PM

I thought they said it was fertility meds--not ivf?????

1471640_1230664228_med-1.gif picture by jdavis2

tish0607
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:15 PM

To be honest, I dont care. Whether  she has 8 kids or 18 kids, on welfare or working. ITS NONE OF MY BUSINESS.

mom23luvs
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:15 PM

I would imagine that if you could afford to pay for in vitro then you damn well can't be hard up enough to qualify for welfare!

MaddiesMaMa418
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:16 PM

Quoting mom23luvs:

I would imagine that if you could afford to pay for in vitro then you damn well can't be hard up enough to qualify for welfare!

LuvmyKylie10

People  need to be responsible when  having children. If you can't afford them, wait. I have one and I really want to get started on number 2, but I dont have the means to live like I want if we brought another baby into this world. Both dh and I are in school and I work. I think it is irresponsible and selfish to have a child when you know you can't afford it. (I am not talking about emergencys that happen after the child is born) As far as invitro, that is expensive and anyone that is on welfare while getting invitro is abusing the system. I dont think that is what you meant but I wanted to add that!

Vaccinating, Pro-Life because I was a fetus, Non-Spanking because it is an adult temper tantrum,Stop breastfeeding when my child is one, Veteran, NEAR Perfect Hot Mama!!

RmeWifey01

She's not going to need welfare. She will get her own show to rival Jon 'n' Kate plus 8.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:17 PM

if you can afford invitro, you dont qualify for PA.

and, if she qualified for WIC or fs, i would not care if she got it, one iota. but, im sure she would not qualify for cash aid. you ahve to be pretty damn poor to qualify and no one who can afford ivf is that poor.

vangel34
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Huh, my insurance will cover one round of IVF.

Quoting MaddiesMaMa418:

Quoting mom23luvs:

Schleetle
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:17 PM

I would say fertility meds here also because most doctors wouldn't implant 8 healthy embryos knowing the potential health risks (although IDK her situation)... Anyway I get your point, and I feel like its not really my business. If they need help, and they are trying their best to do what they can on their own I have no issue with it.

HopeMamma
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:18 PM

I don't think they should put so many eggs in at one time. I don't believe they should get welfare only because they knew the risk of having more than one before they started so they should prepare for it before they make the decision. 

But then again I also don't believe they should give welfare to more than one child of any family because if you don't have the money to have the children I don't think they should. It is different if you had the kids and were not on welfare and afterwards you lost a job or something, and were working to get back on your feet. But I do not agree with living off of welfare forever. That is one of the reasons our country is in so much debt to begin with. JMO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)