Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there anything wrong with this???

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:14 PM
  • 10 Replies

My son is almost 2...and he refuses to take naps anymore....so i put him in his crib....for a half hour and just give him and myself some time to rest? Is that neglect? Or do other mommas do this???

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmelieH
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:15 PM

i don't see anything wrong with that as long as his needs are met

LittleRing79
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:15 PM

I don't see a problem with it but I couldn't have the little one screaming.  My daughter would lay in her bed reading her picture books every day.  She just wouldn't sleep.

mommy20507
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:16 PM

I do the same thing it gives me a little time to myself.

MonicasMommy

Nope, I think it is perfectly fine. I think kids should nap until at least 4 and then have rest times after that. So, if he has given up naps I think he should at least rest.

joshlor2

I do it...my dd is 2 1/2 and sometimes she sleeps and sometimes she doesn't but she needs time to rest and so do I. When i worked in the daycare the kids HAD to lay down for nap time they didn't have to sleep but they had to lay quietly, and not disturb the children that did sleep and 9 times out of 10 they would also fall asleep.

Callie-bishop

no, that is not neglect. We had 'rest tim' up til my kids went to school.

nemiller
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:18 PM

does he scream the whole time or does he just occupy himself quietly?  i couldn't bring myself to let my son scream for a half hour, but if he was fine by himself during that time, i'd do the same thing.

andoloam
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:19 PM

My two  and a half year still loves to take her naps but my three year old refuses to nap so I usually lay her down to watch a movie so that she can at least rest. I dont see anything wrong with it as long as it is not for hours on end and you said it was only a half an hour

mommie_b515
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:20 PM

My DS is 3 and stil takes naps (on most days anyhow) but on those days he doesnt nap- we have "quiet time", he goes his room, watches a movie, plays with quiet toys (puzzles, books, etc) for the time he'd normally nap (about the lenght of the movie he'd watch)

goof231
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:58 PM

My son will be three in feb and somedays he naps and some days he doesnt... i always make him lay down so i can LOL he plays quietly on his bed and will come out of his room every once in a while.. i dont make him sleep, if he needs it he'll nap on his own..Its definitely not abuse or neglect =]

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him gain world domination. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)