Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:36 PM
  • 8 Replies

FIL seriously just got pissy because he asked if Maddie could have some milk. I said no, we're having dinner soon and milk ruins her appetite. She wanted to hang out with him, but he took his sandwich in his room and ignored her. Asshole. Whatever, we filed our taxes Sunday and as soon as we get that return, we're moving out.

All of that because I said no. Blah.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KittyD
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:37 PM

well i hope everything works out with you!

KittyD ~ Stop By My Page & Sign my Guest Book!

harvgal04
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:37 PM

That seems a little childish on his behalf, but what can you do? Good luck with the moving!

HopeMamma
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Your the parent and it sounds like you did the right thing. You are teaching your child the rules and about a good diet. So go girl! I hope you will be able to get your place soon. Good Luck!

LaNette000
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:43 PM

If she was thrist, could she have had a little bit to drink, say just a small cup?

marshsmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:46 PM

He didn't have to ignore her because you said no!  That wasn't fair to her, poor thing!

Circumcision is not cleaner, healthier, safer or NORMAL!

Dispel the myths!
              www.nocirc.org  |  http://www.icgi.org/  |  http://www.mothersagainstcirc.org/

MomtoConner
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Your child,Your rules.Tell him to get over it! My In-Laws get mad at me all the time because I dont let them dope my son up with sugar and pop.But I dont care they can get over it or cry like a baby.

Pregnancy ticker

evilangel23
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:57 PM

i think you did the right thing.  even if she was thirsty there are things that aren't filling like milk is.  he could have given her some water or juice instead.  sounds like he needs to realize that you are her parent and you need to do things your way. 

MaddiesMaMa418
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:28 PM

Quoting LaNette000:

If she was thrist, could she have had a little bit to drink, say just a small cup?

She had a cup of water. He was having milk, she wanted what he was having.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)