Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ground beef recipes

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:38 PM
  • 12 Replies

Heeeeeelp! I took out what I thought was chicken thighs and it turns out that it is a whole chicken. It is still frozen and i need to get dinner started. The only thing that I could thaw quickly is ground beef. We had sloppy joe's last night so I would like a recipe that is different. my family does not like ground beef so much, but w/ today's aconomy that is all I could afford. Please share your fav ground beef recipes! Thank you

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brandie_xo
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:38 PM

do you have any spaghetti sauce? Fry it and add it to that.

My daughter is fully vaccinated so yours doesn't have to be!

You're Welcome.

baby

mommy-o-four
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:40 PM

My kids love SHEPHARDS PIE. Layer (cooked) ground beef, mashed potatoes, and cheese...put it in the oven till the cheese is melted. You can even add veggies to the meat. It's a big hit at our house! : )

hotrodlassie

My family loves tator tot casserole check out allrecipes.com

kristyann40

Nope I used the last jar on saturday and I do not have the ingred to make it from scratch.

LaNette000
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:41 PM

What about meatballs and spaghetti? I hear ya, we are burnt out on hamburger recipes. I am cooking Salsa Chicken and rice tonight.

zacklaurynnmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:47 PM

Tater Tot Casserole

Brown the hamburger. Mix the hamburger and a can of cheese soup(campbells) spread it on bottom of baking dish and top with frozen tater tots. Bake it for however long the tatertot directions say then the last 5 minutes take it out an sprinkle cheddar cheese on top put it back in till it melts!! YUMMY!!!

LaceyAva

Quoting mommy-o-four:

My kids love SHEPHARDS PIE. Layer (cooked) ground beef, mashed potatoes, and cheese...put it in the oven till the cheese is melted. You can even add veggies to the meat. It's a big hit at our house! : )

Mine too,  but we put a can of mixed veggies in the ground beef with a packet of brown grave and a spoon mayo

Lacey

katykay

tacos? 

mom-of-two9698

My kids favorite, never fail ground beef dish is mac and cheese(homemade or from a box) with the meat added to it.  (and a little extra cheese!)

Could also do soft tacos, hamburger patties with gravy or on toast.  Cook the meat, add a can of beef broth, a can of diced tomato and macaroni. 

Kays_Mama06
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:49 PM

Chili 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)