Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Formula Question

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:40 PM
  • 11 Replies

We have our daughter on Enfamil Lipil with Iron, she has not had a good bm in a couple days. My question is what kind of formula do you use, this was given to her at the hospital so we are thinking about changing to something else. Any suggestions would be appreciated!~

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Supervane
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:41 PM

The Generic version like Parent's Choice or something

Brandie_xo
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:41 PM

My daghter was on similac for a while and didnt have any bowel problems on it.

Anything with extra iron rasies the chances of being consipated

My daughter is fully vaccinated so yours doesn't have to be!

You're Welcome.

baby

vangel34
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:43 PM

IMO enfamil is one of the better formulas out there.  No matter what kind of formula you use, they all have iron.  Any time your baby increases the amounts at feeding he/she will be constipated until his/her body adjust to the new dosage of iron.

Our ped told us that 3 days is normal, anything longer is considered constipated.  Talk to your ped, he may recommend adding Karo syrup to a bottle of formula.

mrsfitz05
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:43 PM

You are destined to get slammed by the breast feeding nazis...

However, don't make any changes without talking to your ped first. Give them a call for recommendations. 

My little one is on the Walmart brand now. She has done fine on that, no issues what so ever.

Carmen823
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:44 PM

my DS is on similac advance which he has been on for about a month or 2 since I was nursing in the beginning but he only has a bm once or twice a week and his doctor said as long as it isn'tcausing him any pain or doesn;t come out in tiny hard balls (sorry tmi) that he is fine

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
4LifeTupperware
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:44 PM

I have a friend that uses Costco brand of Enfamil she likes it a lot..

I use Parents choice (walmart) Gentlease... it's the ONLY thing that he will not throw up and we tried them all with the doctor.  My husband pick it up by mistake, and we called the doctor and asked he said it was fine to use, because of the FDA, it's the same as the name brand stuff.  Just cheaper

It doesn't clump like Enfamil did either 

Melanie, Wife for 14 years and a Mom, to 13 year old daughter, 10 year old son, 3 year old son, 12 month old son and two angel babies that would also be 12 months old, and Tupperware Consultant!   "Only one life, will soon be passed, only what's done for Christ will last." 

Make-n-it
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:45 PM

try something without the ex iron it tends to plug them up 

SunnyJoJo
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Nestle Good Start. It's what she was on in the hospital and it's what she will stay on until she's not drinking formula. She gets constipated sometimes but not very often.

One Love, One Heart, One Soul...

Thank You Bob Marley

jencris
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 5:49 PM

I dont think anyone will criticize her. She is just asking what kind of formula everyone uses. I also dont think that breastfeeding nazis is a very nice term. We dont call you a formula feeding nazi. I am definitely pro breastfeeding, but i dont force it on anyone else. Everyone is entitled to make their own decisions when it comes to their children.

Quoting mrsfitz05:

You are destined to get slammed by the breast feeding nazis...

However, don't make any changes without talking to your ped first. Give them a call for recommendations. 

My little one is on the Walmart brand now. She has done fine on that, no issues what so ever.

jmom470
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:28 PM

My daughter is on lactose free parents choice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)