Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm going to kill them PIOG (rant some cursing)

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:07 PM
  • 13 Replies

My grandmother just gave my four-month-old daughter HONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And then got pissed off when I said Kailee can't have it....

And according to my aunt's boyfriend I'm a bitch and a bad mom because I'm not "letting my daughter have a life"

THAT CAN FUCKING KILL HER.......

I guess I'm a horrible mother for attempting to protect my daughter from something that could potentially cause her major fucking harm.....

So anyway I started a family feud because they don;t believe honey can be harmful..... AND I EVEN LOOKED IT UP AND SHOWED IT TO THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But yet have no idea what in the hell I'm talking about.... just because this is my first kid.... I'm sorry but when medical professionals have told me something like that I think I'm going to listen to the damn doctor on shit like that.....

I have my days when I just want to strangle them all.....

I am a Satanist, vaccinating, formula feeding, disposable diapering, cosleeping, elective csection having, college attending,  living with my boyfriend, thinking about converting back to Christianity..... WAIT FOR IT.....  Mommy to a precious little girl named Kailee Virginia Dawn born 9/16/08 weighing 8 pounds 7 ounces and 21 inches long and raising my teenage sister as well... Is any of this something you have a problem with??? Unfortunately I don't think I care...

I'm outspoken, opinionated, and determined. I want what I want and there is nothing wrong with that. So try to stomp on me, try to douse my inner flame, try to squash every ounce of beauty I hold within me but you won;t succeed!!! And if that makes me a BITCH so be it.... I embrace the title and am proud to bear it

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mooremom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:09 PM

You are only doing what you think is right.

kaitlynsmommy31

Wowzers.

I'd be mad too.

HopeMamma

Stick to your guns girl you are right! It can hurt her there is bacteria in the honey from the bee's saliva and even a pregnant mother should not have it. You did good its a no no!!!!

Brandie_xo
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:10 PM

my family was like that too. I think its because thats how they raised us, so its kind of like a smack in the face to their parenting skills or something.

I dont care. you do what you think and know is best :)

My daughter is fully vaccinated so yours doesn't have to be!

You're Welcome.

baby

lenalove
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:12 PM

i agree. you are being a good mom! they need to respect what you say

Quoting HopeMamma:

Stick to your guns girl you are right! It can hurt her there is bacteria in the honey from the bee's saliva and even a pregnant mother should not have it. You did good its a no no!!!!

MaddiesMaMa418
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:13 PM

It has the spores that cause botulism (sp?) in it. It can also be found in corn syrup.  They're not even supposed to have honey graham crackers. They have no right to be angry, OP, she is YOUR daughter after all.

Quoting HopeMamma:

singlemama20
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:13 PM

It just pisses me off that they have no respect for my parenting skills....

I am a Satanist, vaccinating, formula feeding, disposable diapering, cosleeping, elective csection having, college attending,  living with my boyfriend, thinking about converting back to Christianity..... WAIT FOR IT.....  Mommy to a precious little girl named Kailee Virginia Dawn born 9/16/08 weighing 8 pounds 7 ounces and 21 inches long and raising my teenage sister as well... Is any of this something you have a problem with??? Unfortunately I don't think I care...

I'm outspoken, opinionated, and determined. I want what I want and there is nothing wrong with that. So try to stomp on me, try to douse my inner flame, try to squash every ounce of beauty I hold within me but you won;t succeed!!! And if that makes me a BITCH so be it.... I embrace the title and am proud to bear it

singlemama20
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:14 PM

Thanks ladies..... I'm a little calmer now

two4one
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:16 PM

I think you should print out my response and show it to them....

You are a bunch of ignorant fools. Honey can cause infant botulism. Honey is a known source of bacterial spores that produce Clostridium botulinum bacteria. When ingested by infants, these bacteria make a toxin that can cause infant botulism, a rare and serious form of food poisoning. For this reason, infants under 12 months of age should never be fed honey.

Infant botulism affects a baby's nervous system and can result in death.

So morons, DON"T FEED A 4 MONTH OLD HONEY!!

And, keep your freaking opinions about how someone else raises their daughter to yourself. She is not your kid, you need to abide by the mom's wishes as long as she is not neglecting or abusing her child.

Mom of twins

Peyton and Mackenzie~11/22/04

HopeMamma
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:21 PM

Its just funny how people usually older women don't understand how times change and what was good for them when they were young is not always the same now that is why there is research done on all these harmful things. lol I just don't understand why they can't except even doctors opinions. Like my hubbies mom she is a great mom lives in Nigeria, Africa and she made them chew their pills when they where little. I can not believe this because pills are made to release medicine at certain times so that you wont harm the liver and stomach. That's why they are set up to rapid release. So not good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)