Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need opinions on a more serious note, about my DD and my decision. Need reassurance

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:45 PM
  • 21 Replies

My DD does not like her birth father at all. He has not had anything to do with her for 6 months already.He does this all the time. He once had something to do with her like 2 weekends in a row and then disappeared for 2 years. It is an ongoing thing with him. They called and asked if they can have her this weekend, which I already know if i let her go, it will be the only weekend for the next 6 to 12 months. They love to drink and smoke weed and I dont want her around that. Am I making a bad decision by not letting her go?

EDIT: I have full custody of her, he gave me full custody.

Juggalette Mommy

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brandie_xo
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:47 PM

thats the decision i would make too

My daughter is fully vaccinated so yours doesn't have to be!

You're Welcome.

baby

HuntersMomee
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:48 PM

maybe a supervised visit... but thats it. screw him if he cant be there for his daughter except when its convenient for him.

our new baby is either going to be Keira Lynn or Ean (undecided middle) 

mom2five929

Ask your daughter what she would like to do.If she wants to see him let her,but prepare for what might happen.If she dosent tell him to go take a flying leap

HopeMamma

Heck no! You don't want her around that. Plus you don't know who is in and out of there that can hurt you little girl. I wouldn't, if he wants to see her he should come to your house or meet you at a park or something. I don't think a judge would argue with that.

amb_josh
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:49 PM

how old is your daughter?

nanaT2
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:53 PM

I wouldn't let her go, she is about 3 now. Thats to young to be put into a situation you have no control over. Supervised with DD, maybe. Unsupervised, NO WAY

BIMOM21
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:55 PM

OK I am answering 2 questions in 1. She is 5 y/o. And she wants to go, only because she wants to see her sister. They want her ALL weekend not just one day. If I send her I wil fear for her safety.

Juggalette Mommy

LauraLW769
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:56 PM

first is there a court order for visits?  if no then you don't have to let her go,  he has nothing to stand on to make you let him take her.   but if there is a court order  then you will need to go and file for an emergency hearing stating the drug use as an unsafe environment for your daughter.  also that  he does not keep a reg secduale for seeing her there for she dont know him and dont want to go.

edit:

Ok so she does want to go. so you would put in the request for a hearing that she dont.... but  you know what she is being exposed to so you have to do what is best for her.  her safty has to come first

Coffee makes me nice to people.

Annette819
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:58 PM

U made the right choice! theres no way i would let my child go if there going to be smoking pot around him/her!!!!

Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:58 PM

Quoting HuntersMomee:

maybe a supervised visit... but thats it. screw him if he cant be there for his daughter except when its convenient for him.

1471640_1230664228_med-1.gif picture by jdavis2

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)