Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QUICK! Anyone know how to cook TILAPIA?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:47 PM
  • 10 Replies

Never made it before.  I would like to cook it in a pan on the stove bc it is really freezing outside.  Don't want to grill.  Anyone have any EASY tilapia recipes?  It was just plain frozen talipia I got at the deli. Thanks mamas! 

I am trying to start dinner right now but can't find my cook book!

love-being-sahm.png

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Check these sites its been years and the only tilapia I have ate was already fryed at the store.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,how_to_cook_tilapia,FF.html

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Cook-Tilapia&id=341925

Jenn

(\__/) This is bunny. Copy and paste
(='.'=) bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination
mom2five929
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Coat it with a lil olive oil,lemon juice,salt pepper and wrap it in tinfoil and stick it in the oven

nanaT2

Put it in the oven 374-400 deg.

add a little olive oil, thyme, spice

cook til you see it white, will continue to cook after taken out. test in with a fork. if if flakes its done. Depending on the thickness 

oboe_chik

We don't get alot of good seafood here in KS so I usually don't eat it but heres a bump for you.

Meganskiddos
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:52 PM

Do I just put it in a baking dish?  No foil or anything? 

Quoting nanaT2:

Put it in the oven 374-400 deg.

add a little olive oil, thyme, spice

cook til you see it white, will continue to cook after taken out. test in with a fork. if if flakes its done. Depending on the thickness 

love-being-sahm.png

isttimemommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:52 PM

bread it(flour and seasoning) and fry it in oil. very good!!

sandeetraveler
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:53 PM

We had it on Christmas eve  breaded and friend in a little oil in a pan.  It was great.

LEJOLIE

Quoting mom2five929:

Coat it with a lil olive oil,lemon juice,salt pepper and wrap it in tinfoil and stick it in the oven

I WOULD DO THIS TO BUT COAT W/ LEMON PEPPER THEN WRAP AND PUT IN OVEN

CaiNy5

I usually bake it, but if you want it fried, I put a little lemon pepper and garlic salt or garlic powder on it, then fry it in olive oil. Make sure you dont put too much seasoning on the Tilapia, b/c it produces its own salt, so thereforee it will be too salty. And be careful not to overfry it...its a soft fish, and will break apart if overcooked.

Meganskiddos
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:04 PM

Thanks ladies!  I didn't have a few ingredients so we did our own.  I put a little bit of salt and pepper, creole on one instead of salt just to see, and blackened cajun fish seasoning.  We put it in the pan with a little bit of olive oil and butter.  Not much at all.  It was WONDERFUL!  My first time eating tilapia I believe.  DH loved it also.  It will be a more popular dish in our house.  I want to bake it next time and see how that turns out.  Thanks again!

love-being-sahm.png

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)