Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am super upset!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:47 PM
  • 20 Replies

I can't tell you how many times I have asked a question and needed the advice and help from other fellow moms and never get responses or just a few. Sometimes 2 of the 3 responses have nothing to do with what I asked! Why is it that???

Having said this, does anyone care to help me? I hate to come off as rude, but it really upsets me that when I need a serious answer, I never get help...

So please do tell! How do you get your babies to stay awake during the day? My 1st daughter wasn't near as difficult as my 2nd daughter! She slept through th night at 11 weeks! My youngest daughter is 9 weeks and she still stays up late. She'll sleep through the night after I put her down, but she won't sleep until about 12:45-2:30am. I try to wake her throughout the day, but she won't budge. So how do you or did you keep your little one up? Advice needed please! I am really tired on just 5 hrs. sleep!

Looking to loose weight, work out & have support from other fellow moms? Join my group!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/exercisesupport

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brandie_xo
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:00 PM

I didn't/ i let her be on her own schedule.

My daughter is fully vaccinated so yours doesn't have to be!

You're Welcome.

baby

AnasMommy7
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:02 PM

I can't do that, I go back to work Feb. 17th. She has to be on a schedule, I can't go to work with only 5 hrs. sleep and sit on the puter all day...

Quoting Brandie_xo:

I didn't/ i let her be on her own schedule.

Looking to loose weight, work out & have support from other fellow moms? Join my group!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/exercisesupport

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker
carolina0416
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:03 PM

I tries to keep my DD active during the day..like doing tummy time or playing peek a boo..

LuvmyKylie10
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:04 PM

Depends on how old she is. When my dd was born I tried to get her on a schedule but then I realized there is no point. We would use a wet wash cloth and wipe her face to perk her up.

I feel you on the posts... I havent been here that long but I dont know what you have to do to get an answer!

Vaccinating, Pro-Life because I was a fetus, Non-Spanking because it is an adult temper tantrum,Stop breastfeeding when my child is one, Veteran, NEAR Perfect Hot Mama!!

Bertsmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:05 PM

Oh girly, I'm sorry. That's how it goes around here. If it doesn't have drama forget it!!

Well I never had that problem, but why don't you take her out during the day and tire her out...so she goes to sleep earlier. Don't let her take long naps. Wake her up if she is sleeping too much during the day...I hope you find a solution.

The two loves of my life, my son and my fiance

hallen08
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:06 PM

I'm a new mom myself, so I really don't know, but here's a bump for you! : )

Lanie_momofone
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Lots and lots of baths? take time out and play with her during the day (i know its hectic when your going back to work and what not and you want to have the house clean clean for when you do go back) BUT...right now, ya gotta try to keep her awake as much as possible through out the day. And just put her down for one nap.

Good Luck!

Proud Owner of
Mom's In Hamilton, Ontario
He's Not The Father But He's The Daddy!
A Little Sister Hideaway

Proud Co-Owner of
24hrs Mom's Chat

Just Click on the link..to get where you want to go!

Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:07 PM

i know i don't post unless i have advice. my kids were on their own schedules. if the baby started to fall asleep i'd just try to keep awake as long as i could. didn't always work. sorry don't know what to tell ya.

Expectingpeanut
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:07 PM

I don't know.  I was lucky with my DD and she will go to sleep anywhere between 9 and 11 and sleep until 5 or 6.  Here is a bump for you!

JANEDOE5683
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:07 PM

try to do alot of activities with her during the day, and maybe put her in the car at night and drive around and see if she will fall asleep during that time.  and if she doea then carry her in the house and put her in her crib 

I AM A PROUD VACCINATING, BREASTMILK OVER FORMULA FEEDING, DISPOSIBLE DIAPERING, FORWARD FACING AT A YEAR, CO-SLEEPING, CIO WHEN NECCESARY, WOULD RATHER TALK THAN SPANK, PRO-CHOICE, ARROGANT, TATTOED, LOVING, PROUD CHRISTIAN, MARRIED TO MY SOALMATE, SPEAKS MY MIND, SUPPORT OBAMA, DEDICATED TO MY FAMILY KIND OF A MOM TO MY BEAUTIFUL, DAMN NEAR PERFECT LITTLE GIRL! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)