Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG!!!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:05 PM
  • 13 Replies

I am 39 weeks and 5 days and I just lost my MUCUS PLUG!!!  OMG!!  Sorry this is my first child and that was a little weird, but exciting to me.  Does this mean I may go into labor soon or what? 

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carolina0416
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:06 PM

I'd call the doc right away and see what they say.

jennie300

yep,get ready

HopeMamma

It still may take even up to a few weeks to go into labor. I lost mine 2 weeks before with both boys. Good luck!!!!

myfoursonsks

You may...or you may not.  :)  Sorry that it isn't more definitive.  Most likely it will be within the week and could even be tomorrow.

Razzle_Dazzle30

It's a good sign!  I hope it happens for you soon!  Good luck and congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mommie_b515
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Its a good sign but doesnt mean you're going into labor...

Strange fact about mucus plugs- they can come back.....

hallen08
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:08 PM

If what I read is correct, the next two to three days you could go into labor... Congrats!!!

graciejoe
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:10 PM

I you sure it was your plug?  If so it could mean you are going into labor soon.  But it doesn't have to.  It's possible for the mucus plug to be replaced if the time isn't right. 

mooremom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:10 PM

My niece lost her mucus plug over a period of a week and had her baby shortly after. I lost mine and had mine about 1 week later. Are you dilated any? Has doc said anything about your cervix thinning? These are all signs it is coming soon. Sounds like your body is def. ready.

Daemonsmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:11 PM

I lost mine like 2-3 weeks before I went into labor. I didn't even know I lost it until I went into the doc for an appt and she was like "Oh, so you lost your mucus plug huh?" All I could say was "I did?" Good luck and let us know what happens.

Also, I was like 3cm dialated for about a month and a half before I went in to be induced. He didn't want to come out. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)