Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i give up on him :(.... a little UPDATE ;)

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:14 PM
  • 37 Replies

ok its been a battle for almost two years to get my son to eat i cant take it anymore! i give up i live day by day worrying about him and what he eats he doesnt want anything and if he does it will  be like a banana or an orange and sometimes if i am lucky mac and cheese! before i was able to get him to eat a penut butter and jelly sandwhich now he refuses to touch it! it gets me very upset i am in tears right now and i swear i feel like the worst mother in the world!! but i trully am done running after him everyday and every minute!!! i give in and that is so sad to say :(.... any advice ill take it??!!!! am DESPERATE PLEASEEEE!

After reading every reply i feel so much better, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart <33 tommorow less milk and plates with healthy snacks no more presurring him !!

odet.jpg caringmommyof2 picture by cagsiggymaker

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mooremom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:15 PM

You are not! You will be after him tomorrow, LOL!

caringmommyof2

well its really getting a toll on me!!!

Quoting mooremom:

You are not! You will be after him tomorrow, LOL!

Babylove135

Hugs momma!!  Sorry I don't have any advice.  Good luck and hang in there!

Come join our group where you can talk about whatever you want with no drama!!     www.cafemom.com/group/BusyB

caringmommyof2
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:17 PM

thanks =/

Quoting Babylove135:

Hugs momma!!  Sorry I don't have any advice.  Good luck and hang in there!

LeXisMoMMi04
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:19 PM

If he is hungry- he will eat... 

have you ever seen how long he could go with out eating? 

caringmommyof2
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:20 PM

i swear i dont have the heart to do that just to let him sit there and be hungry! i offer him everything threw out the day and hell take like one bite and then spit the rest out

Quoting LeXisMoMMi04:

LeXisMoMMi04
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:21 PM

what do you mean?.. likewhy dont you wait til he asks for food?

Quoting caringmommyof2:

i swear i dont have the heart to do that just to let him sit there and be hungry! i offer him everything threw out the day and hell take like one bite and then spit the rest out

Quoting LeXisMoMMi04:

ms_mommy_sue
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:24 PM

I am so sorry you are going through this. I have a son who refuses to eat most anything also. Though he is Autistic with sensory issues though.

These are what my DR tolld me to do with him.Feed him WHAT he will eat, WHEN he will eat, his body will gather the nutrients it needs. Try to include Ensure or Pediasure in his diet, if he likes smoothies, you can mix them up with ice in a blender and there you go, flavored nutrients.

Take him to his DR, and make sure it is not something underlying, that you can not see.

I am here if you need to talk to anyone!

caringmommyof2
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:25 PM

well he wont ask for food he just asks for milk all day he could litterlly drink milk all day and neer ever touch food!

Quoting LeXisMoMMi04:

what do you mean?.. likewhy dont you wait til he asks for food?

Quoting caringmommyof2:

Quoting LeXisMoMMi04:

y_flores
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:26 PM

when my dd was 2 she refuse to eat, I mean she would get so mad and make her self puke if i made her eat. I also said i was giving up on her lol. so what my mom did was  every morning she would cut up apples  oranges and carrots and wash some grapes , and leave on a bowl on the table ,  she would make her a sandwich and cut it up in little shapes and leave on the table also , and it took a few days but all of the sudden you would see her run to the table and  grab something to eat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)