Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about my W-2 EDIT

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:18 PM
  • 11 Replies

I think I may have misplaced my W-2. No, I'm not just irresponsible--we're in the process of moving, and with everything going on, I can't find it. I'm searching our new house tomorrow in hopes that it's there.

If I can't find it--can I just ask my employer to get me another one? I work for a very small business, and the boss has a local accountant.

Thanks for replies.

I just spoke with my boss. He says he can't get me a copy until the middle of April--something about his accountant needs the copies to do yearly paperwork or something....

So, what now? I'm still looking for my copy, but what if I can't find it? The middle of April is too late to file isn't it?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
madtan23
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Bump~I don't know if they can reprint them or not...it won't hurt to ask just in case you can't find it...But if you have my luck, you will go through all that trouble and find it as soon as you get your other one.... 

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Haha...my husband said the same thing!

Quoting madtan23:

Bump~I don't know if they can reprint them or not...it won't hurt to ask just in case you can't find it...But if you have my luck, you will go through all that trouble and find it as soon as you get your other one.... 

rockinmomto2
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:22 PM

Just let them know that you lost it, and they'll give you another one. Just make sure when you file that you let them know you got a replacement W-2. Good luck!

madtan23

I do it all the time...That's Mommy brain for ya..LOL

Quoting MikeysMom51108:

Haha...my husband said the same thing!

Quoting madtan23:

MikeysMom51108

Thanks!

Quoting rockinmomto2:

Just let them know that you lost it, and they'll give you another one. Just make sure when you file that you let them know you got a replacement W-2. Good luck!

mom2ljh
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:24 PM

You can ask for another.  He may or may not charge you, that's up to him.  Everywhere I've ever worked has charged like $25 for replacements.

Amanda~Cloth Diapering, Non-Spanking, Attached Mommy to my little miracle, Landon Joel, born 6 weeks too soon, 6-21-07, former refluxer, multiple food allergies, coolest kid on the block!

Then                                           Now

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:34 PM

Oh wow....I don't think he'd charge though, unless the accountant charges him. Thanks.

Quoting mom2ljh:

You can ask for another.  He may or may not charge you, that's up to him.  Everywhere I've ever worked has charged like $25 for replacements.

lekn
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:38 PM

I'm sure they can give you another one they should always keep a copy, they will just have to get it from their  accountant or who ever does their bookkeeping .

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 1:28 PM

bump for edit

mom2ljh
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 1:32 PM

They can't photocopy your W-2 and give it to you?  If you e-file, through turbotax or someone like that, you don't even have to send in your W-2, so there's NOTHING wrong with using a computer print out of photo copy.

Amanda~Cloth Diapering, Non-Spanking, Attached Mommy to my little miracle, Landon Joel, born 6 weeks too soon, 6-21-07, former refluxer, multiple food allergies, coolest kid on the block!

Then                                           Now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)