Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some advice

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:20 PM
  • 12 Replies

I have a 13 year old dd  who is in the 8th grade , well this year they got a new student, And they where friends at first but then this kid turn her back on mines and has made my dd life a living hell in school.

I have gone to the principal with this and he says its a he said she said thing that there's no evidence of her picking on my dd. During the holiday vacation, she text my dd a bunch of crap , and of course my dd did the same thing too, when i saw the text message my dd send to her i took her cell phone away for a month, I went to the school to see if i could get a parent conference with the girls mom , i told the principal what was going on by then that lil brat showed him what my dd text her, but she dint show him what she send my dd, so he took it upon his self to put my dd on a behavior contract.

well now the other some kid told my dd that that girl made a myspace,  talking mess about my dd. she calls her a (sheman).

in this profile there's a photo edit picture of my dd face put into a bears body , and the caption of the picture say ( i am so hungry I am going to go look for some kids to rape).

I dont know what to do about this kid. how i wish i could be 13 to go kick her ass my self.

what would you'll do if this was happening to your kid

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mooremom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:22 PM

I would insist the school meet with me and I would bring any evidence from myspace, etc. with me. I would demand a conference with EVERYONE involved including both girls. If it isn't resolved, then I would probably switch schools or homeschool.

All that after I punched the little girl in her face, LOL.

theskillfactor

Well the myspace page is slander. She could get in big trouble for that if the right people were called... hint hint. I just don't know who you would call.

Mimislove

Report the Myspace page, and it can be taken down.

Tell your daughter to steer clear of this kid, and if the kid comes near her scream bloody murder. This girl won't go near her if heads turn when she's close to her.

HopeMamma
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:23 PM

print it out and show the principal, Also after you do that have myspace delete it because you can not put someone else's picture on there without consent. There is a place on myspace to report the profile do that and they will delete it for inappropriate contents. Good luck I know kids can be so mean sometimes. Be strong mom!

Brooke501
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:25 PM

I would find out the kids home number and address and go talk to her parents. You have done your part in talking with the principal and in taking your dd phone away. It's time for the other kids parents to take action as well. 

AandCsmomBrandy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:29 PM

though I feel for you and your DD, this is not the school's problem. these things need to be dealt with by the parents of both girls and the police (because of the texts and myspace). the things that are going on are out of school. your DD needs to stay away from this girl and stop continuing the fued by retaliating. good luck, but until you step up and start trying to fix the problems then I think that they will keep going on!!!

y_flores
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:34 PM

I went looking for the girl house but couldn't find it , no one knows where she lives cause she is a new student, I have talk to my dd  I have told her to ignore the girl, and not to even look her way

Quoting AandCsmomBrandy:

though I feel for you and your DD, this is not the school's problem. these things need to be dealt with by the parents of both girls and the police (because of the texts and myspace). the things that are going on are out of school. your DD needs to stay away from this girl and stop continuing the fued by retaliating. good luck, but until you step up and start trying to fix the problems then I think that they will keep going on!!!

jennadawn
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:38 PM

I would certainly print out the pages so that you have proof.  I would contact you student's counselor and perhaps the school psychologist--they may have expereince with this.  I would talk to the principal/vice pricipal about their bullying policies and find out if they have a policy on cyber bullying.  If they do not have a policy, perhaps call others schools in the area to see if they have a policy (perhaps your school has not yet established a policy).  If nobody listens to you at the school, then I would contact the police because bullying by way of the internet really is no different than if she walked up to your daughter and hit her everyday.  I am really sorry you have to deal with this.  I teach high school and I know how much something like this affects kids. 

AandCsmomBrandy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:38 PM

almost all police stations have a computer crimes unit. if you report this myspace thing to them and give them the girls name they will find her. just make sure that your DD stops everything on her end so she doesn't get into trouble also. again, GOOD LUCK!!!!

geminig3
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:44 PM

This is exactly why I homeschool..sigh..

The myspace thing is called "Cyber-bullying" It's against the law.  Threated the school wit hprosecution if they don't arrange a conference.  Bring in what proof you have.  Demand a school transfer, or pull your daughter out.  You can prosecute for this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)