Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some pointers/advice.

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:25 PM
  • 11 Replies

I'm going to go try on wedding dresses tomorrow and wantto know what I should wear?  regular bra vs. strapless bra.......make-up........."dressy" clothes vs. regular clothes.

That kind of stuff.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Plus-size-mommy
by StarBaby on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:26 PM

something easy to get out of and something to sweep your hair up on top of your head to see how an updo would look with it!

sbilbo
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:28 PM

The bra depends on the dress you plan on buying...you gotta wear one that makes your boobs look good, or that looks good under a regular dress... It wouldn't hurt to bring a strapless just in case...I have tried on dresses that I really like but didn't buy b/c the bra Ihad on didn't make it look good..

theskillfactor
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:32 PM

most dress shops have strapless bras to loan you if you need one. And like the other lady said, take something to sweep your hair up. And I would put on nice make up. But thats just me.

MelaniesMama
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Well I usually wear make-up, but wasnt sure if you were supposed to incase it got on the dresses????

Quoting theskillfactor:

most dress shops have strapless bras to loan you if you need one. And like the other lady said, take something to sweep your hair up. And I would put on nice make up. But thats just me.

MelaniesMama
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:45 PM

bump

anikahaynes1
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:48 PM

when i bought my dress back in 04, at davids bridal they had the bra things that go under the dress for you to wear to try on with the dress...so i would assume a lot of places would do that as well..

MelaniesMama
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:18 PM

oh good! b/c my only strapless bra is from when I was preggo 19 months ago and it doesnt fit around or in the cups! lol

Quoting anikahaynes1:

when i bought my dress back in 04, at davids bridal they had the bra things that go under the dress for you to wear to try on with the dress...so i would assume a lot of places would do that as well..

MelaniesMama
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:19 PM

ooooh, thats a good idea!

Quoting Plus-size-mommy:

something easy to get out of and something to sweep your hair up on top of your head to see how an updo would look with it!

3frenchfries
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:24 PM

definately make up and if you have a strapless bra that would help...and shoes at the height that you plan on wearing on the big day

jmarieMA
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:27 PM

When I went for dress fittings i wore the kinda make-up that i would be wearing on the big day. Other clothes really don't matter a whole lot

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)