Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

unemployment benefits and the EIC???

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:29 PM
  • 7 Replies

If you are counting your income up for the earned income credit, do you count unemployment benefits?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MonroeLoves82
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Yes

Like a good debate about Mothering Hot Topics?
Come debate with us!

My name is Alli, I am a mother to two children Brady and Addison.
I am a nurse, wife, midwifery student, aspiring doula, straight edge, breastfeeding, homebirthing, non vaccinating, liberal, pro choice, future home schooling, green living, army wife, atheist, level headed, feminist.

jahvarzionmomma
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:30 PM

yes you will get a w2 from them

MonroeLoves82
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Oh, and on a side note, you also have to claim the federal stimulus check you got earlier in the year also.

Like a good debate about Mothering Hot Topics?
Come debate with us!

My name is Alli, I am a mother to two children Brady and Addison.
I am a nurse, wife, midwifery student, aspiring doula, straight edge, breastfeeding, homebirthing, non vaccinating, liberal, pro choice, future home schooling, green living, army wife, atheist, level headed, feminist.

DaffysDoll
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Yes, but if you qualify for the additional child tax credit your UE does not count, because it wasn't an "earned" income. 

RaulitosMommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:33 PM

in correction to another poster tou will not get a W2-those are for earned income..you will get a 1099-G from the state...

tattooI am a tattoed, pierced, non-church going, public school sending, vaccinating, spanking, swear word using, bilingual teaching, MAC makeup obsessedLipstick 3, don't skinny dip-I chunky dunk, single mom of a beautiful boy!

Andrewsmom25
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:35 PM

so you have to count it unless you have a child? thats weird.. i dont get it

Quoting DaffysDoll:

Yes, but if you qualify for the additional child tax credit your UE does not count, because it wasn't an "earned" income. 

mommy_moore23
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:42 PM

You have to count it period.  She's saying you may not get additional child benefits because it wasn't an earned income.  I am filing and have 3 kids and had no taxes taken out the entire time and am still getting back quite a bit through my EIC

Quoting Andrewsmom25:

so you have to count it unless you have a child? thats weird.. i dont get it

Quoting DaffysDoll:

Tired of being ignored??  Come join us at the post killahs!!  You will always get a response on your forums!! big smile mini

http://www.cafemom.com/group/97050

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)