Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 year old daughter compliaing her booty hurts...

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:44 PM
  • 25 Replies

Ok dd has been potty trained for like 2 1/2 weeks now, she did it all on her own so it was quick, and she calls her vagina her booty....no she isn't being sexually abused, this just started today, this afternoon to be exact....

earlier she pooped and didnt want me to wipe her butt, but then when she started to complain about her booty hurting i decided to lay her on the floor and wipe her real good with the kandoo wipes....got some more poop out of her vagina...and then she proceeded to complain about it...so my mom suggested using diaper cream, so i just put some on her and now she hasn't said a thing about her booty hurting....

So what would you make of this?? Would you take her to be seen?? Or is this something normal for potty trained/training girls??

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mooremom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:46 PM

Sounds like she might just be irritated by the poopy. I would use A&D ointment for a few days to see if she is better. If not, see doc.

coffeeluvnmom3
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Was she red at all? She might have just been irratated by something..underwear or  pullup or whatever she wears.

Christy644
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:47 PM

i agree

Quoting mooremom:

Sounds like she might just be irritated by the poopy. I would use A&D ointment for a few days to see if she is better. If not, see doc.

newmommyhjm
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:49 PM

Maybe she was just wiping the wrong way... be sure to encourage her to wipe front to back!

*Heather*...
I am a creative Christian who loves life... I am a hardworking, book-reading, intelligent student... I am a sweaty, competitive athlete... I am a wife who always kisses him goodnight... I am a mommy who loves her daughter more than life itself... all of this, mixed with a little imperfection, messiness and love is ME!
"The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up" -Paul Valery

3earthangels
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:50 PM

My 3.5 y/o tells me this if she's had a BM, didn't tell me, & didn't wipe. I've been working on teaching her how to wipe the right way & how to know when she's clean. It's been about a month since she's told me that her 'gina hurts. I think it's pretty normal, BM is very irritating and the vaginal area is very sensitive.

Are you, a family member, or a friend going through the immigration process? Need information, want support, or just want to learn more about it? Join my group www.cafemom.com/group/theimmigrationprocess to share your story, find helpful information, and people who are going through just what you are.

sherry_bri
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:50 PM

My 3 year old has been potty trained for a year and she still occasionally has this complaint. I usually do exactly what you did and then she feels better.  I think it's because they dont wipe well enough.If she still complains after you clean her then I would take her to be seen. Hope this helps!

Keirasmommy22
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:51 PM

I am in the middle of potty training my little girl who is 2 1/2 and often she complains about her booty hurting when hse is on the potty. I did some serious investigation at her daycare. Made me look like a total bitch but she's my life and I can't take no chances of anything ever happening to her.But come to find out the toilet seat was just hurting her booty the way she say spread her little cheeks more than they should have and hurt her. wow sorry for ramblin lol

duckdans.gif picture by crazyazzbamagirlhappiness-1.jpg Happiness image by JamaicaQueen22Carrie38.gif by Carrie image by SigShowBlinkies

SweetieCoastie.gif picture by crazyazzbamagirl
thdaughter.gif love image by m_a_babygirl 

mama2babyangels
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Is 3 too young for a yeast infection? Im trying to potty train my daughter..with not much luck ); Whats your secret? lol

smittnlittlkitn
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:52 PM

my dd is 2.5 and potty training, also

she has had  recurring problems with constipation which has her saying on occasion,, "mom my butt hurts! my poop is stuck"

could be something similar, even if she isnt constipated, her poop my have irritated her bum--

anikahaynes1
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Wish i could tell you my seceret but there wasnt one...we were in target one day and she just out of the blue said mommy i want big girl undies, so i made sure to stop by and pick some up before we checked out....came home put her in her undies and that was that...no accidents, still diapered at night, but i dont care, thats something to worry about later...sorry i have no advice, i didnt have to do anything i feel very lucky to have gotten off so easy! She even told me and still tells me when she has to poop/pee....good luck momma!

Quoting mama2babyangels:

Is 3 too young for a yeast infection? Im trying to potty train my daughter..with not much luck ); Whats your secret? lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)