Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do i make it stop!??

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:45 PM
  • 11 Replies

My 17 month old has a double ear infection, he never showed any signs of being sick other than a nasty cough and a runny nose and i only found out about his ears cause i took him to the DR. yesterday to make sure it was just a cold. Kinda a good thing i did that but anyway. I had a Dr. appointment today 2 hours away from home and was gone from 6am to 3pm and he spent the day with Daddy at work. My hubby said he was an absolute dream all day. I took him home at about 4pm and he went down from a nap only to wake up at 4:45 screaming bloody murder. at 5 when my hubby got home i asked him when he had Tylenol last and that was at 1pm so i gave him Motrin. He has still been screaming bloody murder since 4:45 it hasn't stopped! i've tried EVERYTHING! He's not hungry he's not thirsty, he doesn't want a popsicle he doesn't want to be held, he doesn't want to be left alone, he doesn't want to cuddle. Nothing that usualy makes him happy or feel better is working! i can't think of anything else to try! HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

babies

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lindsay99
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:47 PM

yikes. did they give you any drops for his ears?? sounds like hes in lots of pain and is just miserable :o( poor baby

nikk1331
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Try a warm wash cloth on his ear or you could use the blowdryer on low & let it blow past his ear for a few minutes 

Heddy2007
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:48 PM

Poor baby and poor mama.  From experience, I know hard it can be feeling helpless to soothe your baby.  :-(  Hopefully the medication kicks in soon and alleviates the pain.  Maybe a call to his pediatrician if it continues.  Take 5 if you need to mama.     

ashleighmcg
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:48 PM

try a bath

mommyof1stepof1
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:50 PM

keep him proped up when my son had double ear infections the dr told me not to lay him flat and its some what natural not to eat or drink but aleast try to keep him hydraded sp? its rough and he may not be keen on motrin tylonal makes him feel better my son dont do well with motrin but tynol works great so good luck momma

northernmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:54 PM

they gave him Amoxicillin twice a day, he's not due for it for another hour. i would go and give him a shower (our tub isn't hooked up) but i can't manage to hold on to him and of course my hubby had to leave to watch a hockey game with my FIL leaving me with Crabby. I just didn't get why he's starting to scream now, he's been sick since last Thurday and he never showed any signs of his ears eaven bothering him. Well now he's quit crying for a couple of minutes and is taunting the dog cause she's trying to lay in front of the heater. UGGG i hope he doens't start again.

Quoting lindsay99:

yikes. did they give you any drops for his ears?? sounds like hes in lots of pain and is just miserable :o( poor baby

babies

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
ilovemyson2002
by mom of 2 boys on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:01 PM

i been there so i know what  are going though my son had ear problems from he was a baby until he was 41/2 and at this time he got tubs in and his tonsils and addnoise removed and now he talks now and every thing he had 2 tubs in his left ear all ready and his right one feel out and the doctor just took it out and kept it out and now he 6 years old and  u couldnt even tell that he had problems or even couldnt talk  now he runs off with a mouth talking up a storm

SuznF72
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:11 PM

Some soothing, calm music?  A stupid episode of Spongebob or whatever show he likes? 

melissa089
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:25 PM

AMOXICILLIN IS THE BEST! i had an ear and throat infection at the same time! it killed me for weeks but because im a stubborn ass i didnt want to go to the dr... but until i couldnt take it no more then i went... the dr gave me it and i had to take it twice a day i started feeling better 1-2 days after... it works but takes time.

Quoting northernmommy:

they gave him Amoxicillin twice a day, he's not due for it for another hour. i would go and give him a shower (our tub isn't hooked up) but i can't manage to hold on to him and of course my hubby had to leave to watch a hockey game with my FIL leaving me with Crabby. I just didn't get why he's starting to scream now, he's been sick since last Thurday and he never showed any signs of his ears eaven bothering him. Well now he's quit crying for a couple of minutes and is taunting the dog cause she's trying to lay in front of the heater. UGGG i hope he doens't start again.

Quoting lindsay99:

KittyD
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:26 PM

im sorry and good luck!

KittyD ~ Stop By My Page & Sign my Guest Book!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)