Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

extended rear facing moms NOT A DRAMA POST

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:06 PM
  • 28 Replies

i want to know why you do it. i think thats what its called anyways if not im sure you all know what im talking about. im not trying to create drama i want to know so i can make my decision on it.

thanks in advance

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CAarmywife
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:08 PM

i didnt do it with my first but i will probably do it with my second...for awhile anyways. the longer they are rear facing the better because it is supposed to be the safest position.

in lovebaby girltoddler girl

momto3infl
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:09 PM

I know they "experts" say it is safer.  All three of my kids went through the the normal min standards and are just fine.  I am not bashing anyone on their opinion of safety for their kids 

taylansmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:09 PM

I know what you are talking about and I didn't do it mainly because by the time my son was one his legs were too far over the car seat and he was uncomfortable. some people think it is safer that way and I just think it depends

Kenre
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Are you asking me why I don't turn my baby around facing forward? Or are you asking mom's why they would turn their baby around facing forward?

I'm a co-sleeping, baby carrying, cloth diapering, early potty training, delayed/selective vaccinating, circumcising, gardening and hunting, just lost my job, animal loving, breastfeeding, no spanking, no screaming, Kazdin Method using, sign language using, book loving, Pagan living Witch, pro-life, meat eating, head strong mommy of a baby boy who is gifted (Sept 25, 07), a step-son with PDD-NOS Autism (Jun 11, 04), due August 5, 2009.
Join Me In These Groups: Pagan & Proud | Natural Nurturing | 2007 Babies | Baby Sign Language | Hard Ass Mommas | Old Fashioned & Anti Mainstream Moms | Step-Parenting | Moms Against Child Sexual Abuse | Caylee Anthony

lenalove
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:10 PM

My son is almost 1, and already 25 lbs. I will continue to rear face because it seems to be the safest.

juliegorham
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:10 PM

because its the safest position possible for my LO. youtube rear facing crashes and forward facing crash tests and you'd agree. the risk of internal decapitation increases by like 4 when forward facing under 2. ds doesnt know he could forward face so why would i?

c_boerman
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:12 PM

newmommyhjm
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:13 PM

I will keep my dd RFing until she reaches the max on her carseats. I choose extended rearfacing (even though she is only 10 month and right around 20 lbs now) because I know that baby's spines don't fully fuse until around age three... so the longer she is rear-facing, the less likely she is to be critically injured in an accident. My daughter is not a minimum and therefore I will not follow the minimum standards. ;0)

*Heather*...
I am a creative Christian who loves life... I am a hardworking, book-reading, intelligent student... I am a sweaty, competitive athlete... I am a wife who always kisses him goodnight... I am a mommy who loves her daughter more than life itself... all of this, mixed with a little imperfection, messiness and love is ME!
"The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up" -Paul Valery

jessnbbysazera

i want to know why you dont turn your bby around facing foward. after they are old enough to be turned around.

Quoting Kenre:

Are you asking me why I don't turn my baby around facing forward? Or are you asking mom's why they would turn their baby around facing forward?

Jezzabelle718

i didn't

Jezzabelle718.gif picture by Greyhoundgirl1977

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)