Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

furniture stains..please help

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:09 PM
  • 14 Replies

My furniture is only about 3 years old..but it looks awful..There is stains all over it from..spit-up..just baby messes in general. I've tried woolite and resolve fabric cleaner but nothing works..Its kind of a weird material..

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2babyangels
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:12 PM

bump

april861
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:14 PM

If you have a spot cleaner like a little green then i would try that.

ronie_102182

Quoting mama2babyangels:

bump

CAarmywife

i have this ultraseude type couch and i wash the cushion things. not the padding but the over the padding things. i've also rented a rug doctor and did the upholtry thing and it looked nice...we kept the cleaner and i dilute it and use it with a papertowel and it works nice.

in lovebaby girltoddler girl

mama2babyangels
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:23 PM

That sounds similiar to the material mine is..So you used a carpet shampooer on it?

Quoting CAarmywife:

i have this ultraseude type couch and i wash the cushion things. not the padding but the over the padding things. i've also rented a rug doctor and did the upholtry thing and it looked nice...we kept the cleaner and i dilute it and use it with a papertowel and it works nice.

CAarmywife
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:51 PM

the thing had attatchments to use for upholstry and so bought the no foam cleaner for it so i use that once in awhile. but i must say washing it on delicate and dry on low heat takes care of the cushions...now if i can only get my dd to stop dropping her yogurt on the other areas of the couch...lol

Quoting mama2babyangels:

That sounds similiar to the material mine is..So you used a carpet shampooer on it?

Quoting CAarmywife:

in lovebaby girltoddler girl

jahvarzionmomma
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:53 PM

do you have a family dollar store near you? if you do they have a carpet cleaner it comes in a red spray bottle and has oxy in it and it works amazingly on carpet and furniture!

momgirlsx2
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Try Aquafina bottled water dabbing it on the spots. I know this sounds stupid but Aquafina is the purest water without having a big expensive wate purifier. I tried using it on black grease that my dd had tracked on to my carpet. It removed it completely this was after it had been there about a year. It has been 3 years and the spots are still gone.

Proud mom of 2 girls.
Ravensmom07
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:06 PM

I just spray some Spray-n-Wash on mine, let it set for a minute,  rub it in with a wet rag, then wipe it off with another wet rag. My couches are the really soft ones, I'm not sure if they are suede but they are something similar.

mommyto2b1g
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:13 PM

I have a couch that is microsuede, Beige color ..3 years old also, and I have 3 kids!! You think My couch would be a MESS but its not...I use...Your gonna think I am CRAZY....BABY WIPES!!!  They work GREAT and keep my couch clean!! I have used the baby wipes on baby spit up, pee, poo, juice, milk, spilled food, even my mascara when my 2 year old got onto it and got it all over the couch. Hope it works as good for you! Good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)