Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

swearing! HELP WE ARE AT OUR WITS END!!!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:12 PM
  • 16 Replies

my step sons along with my bio kids are driving me crazy with the bad language

step sons drop the "F" bomb all the time, one is 10 the other 7

my bio kids do this talk when me and my husband are not around so how do we punish them for their inappropriate language?

Bio mom called bitching because I used soap on the 10 year old, it frustrates me because she has the same problems at her house, calls my hubby complains to him, yet just the other day said she never has these problems with the boys

my kids hate the soap, so it worked on them

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ethansmom85
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:13 PM

make a swear jar...everytime someone curses, you put in a set amount of money...if they dont have money, then take it out of their allowance...if they dont get that, then screw the swear jar, and take away things they like...like games, tv, friends, cell phones, etc.

LuvmyKylie10
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:14 PM

Hmmm my dd is only 2 and I dont know what I woudl do!! We don't swear at all around here (well sometimes it slips) but with kids that age they can pick it up anywhere. Not sure.... but I will check back on this one, I would like to know as well.

Vaccinating, Pro-Life because I was a fetus, Non-Spanking because it is an adult temper tantrum,Stop breastfeeding when my child is one, Veteran, NEAR Perfect Hot Mama!!

jaxTheMom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:14 PM

well, how would you punish them for any other transgression? 

It's adult language and they don't get to use it until they are tax paying citizens.  Until then, they are kids.  If they are 10 and 7, do whatever you would normally do.  Take away priveledges etc? 

jillbailey26
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:15 PM

I agree with this, but if you don't give allowance for a swear jar, then make a chore jar and put really nasty chores in there for them to do....lol.  When they curse, they pick out of the chore jar and they have to do that chore.

Quoting Ethansmom85:

make a swear jar...everytime someone curses, you put in a set amount of money...if they dont have money, then take it out of their allowance...if they dont get that, then screw the swear jar, and take away things they like...like games, tv, friends, cell phones, etc.

~Jill~

Ethansmom85
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:16 PM

omg...i LOVE that idea...even for NOT swearing..just misbehaving lol

Quoting jillbailey26:

I agree with this, but if you don't give allowance for a swear jar, then make a chore jar and put really nasty chores in there for them to do....lol.  When they curse, they pick out of the chore jar and they have to do that chore.

Quoting Ethansmom85:

tinymom3
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:17 PM

I love the chore jar idea! I will have to run that one past my husband!

allensavannahs

hot sauce,,,,

MzSeXyC

wash their mouths out with soap!! lol.

or take away privileges. 

TammyG.

When my kids were little and they would say "ugly" words.... not the F word (i would have died if they said the F word), but other ones, I made them brush their tongue with soap! lol.... it didn't take but about 2 times and they didn't do it again!

milmiracle
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:18 PM

make a list of all the things they enjoy, and every curse take one off for the day, afternoon, weekend whatever.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)