Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have stairs in your home...

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:19 PM
  • 4 Replies

How old were your kids when they were able to go up and down alone? 

My 2 year old is pretty good at it, we don't have any gates up and I don't plan on getting one until she is in a toddler bed. ( Just in case!)

Vaccinating, Pro-Life because I was a fetus, Non-Spanking because it is an adult temper tantrum,Stop breastfeeding when my child is one, Veteran, NEAR Perfect Hot Mama!!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
spittersmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:22 PM

My daughter has been able to go up and down pretty good since she was about 18mo (this is also when we moved to a house that has stairs) She turns around and crawls down backwards though, she still can't go down walking forwards, her little legs just aren't long enough.....lol She does though if either my husband or I are holding her hand....She hasn't fallen yet....knock on wood!..lol I am nervous though for when she does get a little braver and tries to go down forwards.

LuvmyKylie10
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Ya, Kylie can go down forward, just holds the wall. She has fallen once, but it was more like a slide on her bottom. Just a couple though!

Vaccinating, Pro-Life because I was a fetus, Non-Spanking because it is an adult temper tantrum,Stop breastfeeding when my child is one, Veteran, NEAR Perfect Hot Mama!!

mamasweetk13
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:24 PM

My daughter just turned 13 months, she has mastered the stairs.  We have a gate with a latch that she has also mastered!  She has no problem opening the gate and climbing up the stairs, she even closes the gate behind herself.  She's very sneaky!

Surprised she hasn't figured out how to scale the crib yet!

CafeMom Admin
by Ruby Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:02 PM

wave

Hi LuvmyKylie10

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:

Advice for Moms

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom. You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!
\The CafeMom Admin Team

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)