Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Imaginary Friends

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:20 PM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: What age did your child have a imaginary friend at?

Options:

3-4

5-6

7-8

never

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 14

View Results

My 3 yr old has 2 imaginary friends. I guess I always thought that older children had them. It's kinda freaky yet funny at the same time! He pulls the chairs out for them to set at the table, holds their hands while they walk .... when he gets in trouble be blames in on them. ha!

who else's child has them, and how old are they? 

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2babyangels
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Do you believe in spirits?

relosansil
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:22 PM

I voted 3-4, but my son started when he was almost 3 and is just now growing out of it, he is 6 now...

RaulitosMommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:24 PM

my son had an imaginary friend named Tito...lol...started when he was about 3 1/2..he is six now and grown out

tattooI am a tattoed, pierced, non-church going, public school sending, vaccinating, spanking, swear word using, bilingual teaching, MAC makeup obsessedLipstick 3, don't skinny dip-I chunky dunk, single mom of a beautiful boy!

momofhnd
by Nugget Nabber on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:24 PM

Well i had the friends neither of my kids had one.. Mine were names Johnny and sissy.. But that had a tragic death.. Me and my brother were fighting in the car and he threw them both out the window.. Rest in peace Johnny and sissy..

relosansil
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Quoting relosansil:

I voted 3-4, but my son started when he was almost 3 and is just now growing out of it, he is 6 now...

And no, my son's imaginay friends were not spirits, bc they had the same name as his dad's co-workers. He was just trying to copy daddy....lol... In the beggining it was creapy and strange, but we got used to it, we also did not made a big deal out of it so he would outgrow it by him self.....

newmommyhjm
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:26 PM

I had a couple of imaginary friends from the time I was 3 until I was 5. ;0)

*Heather*...
I am a creative Christian who loves life... I am a hardworking, book-reading, intelligent student... I am a sweaty, competitive athlete... I am a wife who always kisses him goodnight... I am a mommy who loves her daughter more than life itself... all of this, mixed with a little imperfection, messiness and love is ME!
"The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up" -Paul Valery

Mommy2LPK
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:26 PM

My son calls them Franklin and Partrick from the kid shows! lol

Quoting relosansil:

Quoting relosansil:

And no, my son's imaginay friends were not spirits, bc they had the same name as his dad's co-workers. He was just trying to copy daddy....lol... In the beggining it was creapy and strange, but we got used to it, we also did not made a big deal out of it so he would outgrow it by him self.....

CharityS
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:28 PM

My daughter had an imaginary friend named "Choby" she was around 4 or so. She had him for a long time. Same thing played with him, set the table for him everything. Well my youngest is 10 yrs younger than her. When he was 3 or 4 he started playing with "Choby" We freaked out, she completly forgot about him and of course never spoke about "choby" to Scotty. Talk about weird. This was about 9-10 yrs ago and we still talk about it. And my daughter has vivid memories of him, my son doesn't.

Charity

There was no respect for youth when I was young, and now that I am old there is no respect for age. I missed it coming and going.

Mommy2LPK
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:31 PM

Not really, but my first thought when I started noticeing it was one of those life time movies where the kids imaginary friends are dead children! ahhhhhhhhhhh. :)

Quoting mama2babyangels:

Do you believe in spirits?

zellie399
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:32 PM

Lol.... My youngest will turn 3 in a few months and he has a friend since the beginning of 2009... his name is Ebbie... and yes I know exactly what you are talking about.. Ebbie has to drive in my sons car while he pushes him, Ebbie has to have an extra food plate, Ebbie gets his spesial car my son use to not leave alone, and when we go out Ebbie has to sit next to him in the car... I laugh sometimes because it is so cute and my son talks so much with Ebbie... It is so cute...

My first born didn't have imaginary friends.. don't know why...lol...  I also have to say we have moved alot and I do feel there is some sort of spirit in the house we are in now.. and wouldn't be surprise if this Ebbie is his angle.. I don't know much about this stuff but my son seem to like him alot so I dont think it is bad...lol...Have fun momma... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)