Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone know of a good cresit card for someone with little or bad credit??

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:31 PM
  • 30 Replies

I need a credit card to help build my credit. Anybody have one If so, what is the name?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saralouise
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:34 PM

first premier is how I got my credit back on track. good luck

LuvmyKylie10
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:34 PM

You will probably have to go with a secured card, which means you give the bank x amount and you have x amount available. When you show that you make payments, then eventually like a year or so you can get an unsecured card. Your bank probably has one, so check with them.

Vaccinating, Pro-Life because I was a fetus, Non-Spanking because it is an adult temper tantrum,Stop breastfeeding when my child is one, Veteran, NEAR Perfect Hot Mama!!

bxbsmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:44 PM

try a capital one card. 

melamommy24
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Ditto, I've had my card for a few years now. I actually have two. Just read the fine print and everything that comes with them and they'll work out good. What I like most is if I accidentally go over my limit they call me and I can pay it and they won't charge me an over the limit fee.

Quoting saralouise:

first premier is how I got my credit back on track. good luck

SuznF72
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Just make sure you pay all your bills & such on time, everytime.  I don't think you need a credit card to re-build your credit

sunshine21pa
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Quoting SuznF72:

Just make sure you pay all your bills & such on time, everytime.  I don't think you need a credit card to re-build your credit

wink mini

smittnlittlkitn
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:48 PM

if you have a checking acct -- your bank may offer secured  credit cards

you start the card with a few hundred or so of your money and pay it off each month

i know 2 people who had crappy credit who got  some capitol one prepaid// secured credit cards--- and used them each month- paid them back off each month and within like 2 yrs began getting offers from other major creditors

Ethansmom85
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:51 PM

BEWARE of first premiere

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/67955/buyers_beware_first_premier_bank_platinum.html

nickiturner04
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:52 PM

you can google credit cards for bad credit and a lot of credit cards will pop up... but a lot of times they are like prepaid cards... they have a fee and you have to pay before you can start using.

*Tyler's Mom*

Kell913
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:54 PM

I love capital one. DON'T DO FIRST PREMIER. they charge you in arm and a leg to even have the card it's not worth it. I know lots of people that have problems with them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)