Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NEED HELP FOR BABY SHOWER.......

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:35 PM
  • 6 Replies

Help, this is my friends last baby her 3rd and I want to do something special for her she is having a rough time with this last baby and I really want to give her something.... I was looking online for diaper cakes and they are way to expensive... So I would like to make one of my own but I have no clue how and what to do

So if you ladies could help me it would be great THANK YOU.... And btw the baby shower is February 15th so I have a little time but not much. Once again thank you!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Dana7903
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:42 PM

bump

nichojust1203
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:45 PM

you can learn how to make a diaper cake by looking it up on youtube. I wanted to do something special for my sister and thats what I did. It turned out cute.

sbilbo
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:47 PM

My cousin made me a diaper cake...She just bought acouple packs of Diapers and rolled them liek you would roll a newspaper...taped each one, then taped them on a plate and made a 3 tier cake. then she stuck a bunch of knick knacks in it. like bottle cleaners, clippers, nose cleaners. Some were put on with popsicle sticks. and she had some little cute tiny baby rattles...like the ones you would put on a table..she taped those to it as well. .

bergencounty
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:49 PM

http://www.plan-the-perfect-baby-shower.com/diaper-cake.html

step 1:diaper cake

step 2: Here is what the first tier  should look like:

Diaper cakes

step 3: Here is what the finished 2nd tier will look like:

diaper cake pictures

Step 4:Here is what the finished cake will look like:

how to make a diaper cake

step 6:

myboogiewoogie
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:54 PM

all you do is roll the diapers and either use clear tape or rubber bands to hold them in a roll. You can use a piece of card board wrapped in baby wrapping paper as a base. Once you get them rolled up wrap a big ribbon aound the middle to hold the first layer together. you can put baby rags or bottles or toys in between diapers. Then do the same for the next layer and use some double stick tape to hold it to the bottom layer. And top it with flowers or a baby toy.

"Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse. "It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become real."
                                                                                  -The Velveteen Rabbit

bergencounty
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:01 PM

This site has directions for diaper animals ... really cute:

http://www.creative-baby-shower-ideas.com/diaper-animals.html

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)