Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dog issue....what would you do? Edit* with pic of cute dog!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:40 PM
  • 16 Replies

Here's the deal: we saw a dog we thought we wanted on the humane society website. He is a german shepherd/mini Aussie shepherd mix named Snoopy. We are supposed to meet him on Saturday, but now those ppl that run the place sent us an email w/pics of dogs at a SHELTER that will be euthanized in the next 48 hours if someone doesn't adopt them. The one that will go first thing in the morning is a yellow lab, 1-1/2 y/o very hi-strung, non-house-trained little guy. We would LOVE to get him but we are renting and got new carpet in this house the night before we moved in, so the landlord said whatever dog we get she would prefer it be already housetrained. Also, we fell in love w/the pic of the little border collie. She has 2 days left to live and IS house broken. My heart is breaking for BOTH of them and the other 8 that are doomed to die.

What would YOU do?

** EDIT** The pic is the border collie. She is a cutie right?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaRose98
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:52 PM

I commend you for adopting a dog. It is so sad how many pets die each year. I have adopted three pets from the pound and they have been wonderful. You can't adopt all of them so it is going to be a hard decision. Just get the one who is housetrained and save yourself the stress and the money. I know it's sad, but at least your saving one of them. (Hugs)

momma2mollie
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:55 PM

I agree with the first poster, and i also rescued a 8 yr old boy this past June and he is wonderful, I wish u luck in Ur decision, keep us posted and send us pics on who ever u choose.

mommy2alissa
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:56 PM
Quoting MommaRose98:

I commend you for adopting a dog. It is so sad how many pets die each year. I have adopted three pets from the pound and they have been wonderful. You can't adopt all of them so it is going to be a hard decision. Just get the one who is housetrained and save yourself the stress and the money. I know it's sad, but at least your saving one of them. (Hugs)

marilyn623
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:57 PM

no matter what you do, you will have saved a dog. so just pick the best match for your family and living situation. good luck!

Jade203
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:00 PM

I would save the little border collie who is house trained so you can save a life and keep your landlord happy at the same time. I know it's sad really it's totally heartbreaking to see these poor dogs I wish I could take all of them in. Maybe if you know someone who is looking or could have a dog tell them about these dogs maybe one might get saved. Heck tell everyone you know about them you never know. We always take dogs in here hubby and I are seriously softies when it comes to dogs. 

nebcutie
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:01 PM

Quoting marilyn623:

no matter what you do, you will have saved a dog. so just pick the best match for your family and living situation. good luck!

geminishadow79
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:01 PM

oh sweetie you can't save them all....but its good that your trying!  :)  If it were me I'd go with the house trained border collie.  you'll have less frustation and your landlord will thank you for you it, plus border collies are amazing with children.  

michelle6_10
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Don't get a dog just because it will get euthanized if you don't.  It could make you both very miserable.  Get the one that you think will best fit your family's wants and needs.

SunnyJoJo
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:03 PM

I agree the collie seems the best fit for your situation. You wouldn't want to adopt a dog only to have him not work out and have to bring him back. Then he's in the same situation he was in before.

Quoting Jade203:

I would save the little border collie who is house trained so you can save a life and keep your landlord happy at the same time. I know it's sad really it's totally heartbreaking to see these poor dogs I wish I could take all of them in. Maybe if you know someone who is looking or could have a dog tell them about these dogs maybe one might get saved. Heck tell everyone you know about them you never know. We always take dogs in here hubby and I are seriously softies when it comes to dogs. 

One Love, One Heart, One Soul...

Thank You Bob Marley

bergencounty
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:05 PM

Quoting RmeWifey01:

Here's the deal: we saw a dog we thought we wanted on the humane society website. He is a german shepherd/mini Aussie shepherd mix named Snoopy. We are supposed to meet him on Saturday, but now those ppl that run the place sent us an email w/pics of dogs at a SHELTER that will be euthanized in the next 48 hours if someone doesn't adopt them. The one that will go first thing in the morning is a yellow lab, 1-1/2 y/o very hi-strung, non-house-trained little guy. We would LOVE to get him but we are renting and got new carpet in this house the night before we moved in, so the landlord said whatever dog we get she would prefer it be already housetrained. Also, we fell in love w/the pic of the little border collie. She has 2 days left to live and IS house broken. My heart is breaking for BOTH of them and the other 8 that are doomed to die.

What would YOU do?

post a picture of the dog on here ... who knows maybe someone is also interested in adopting?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)