Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want my discount! *edited because I didn't think*

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:54 PM
  • 25 Replies

Who do YOU think deserves discounts? (Movie theaters, restaurants,etc.) I think law enforcement, ems, firefighters. military and doctors and nurses. I may have left something out....

What do you think??

EDIT:

You wrote on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:03 PM

You make a good point. Fixed income, duh, I'm an idiot. BUT I still maintain that those others I listed should get them too.

Quoting max05:

Agree! I think they deserve it and really need it. I know many families work on a fixed income but Senior Citizens have to depend on SSI and its not much at all. I remember my grandmother having a house that used oil to heat her home and she used to get upset cause the prices went so high. So she would have her house so cold cause she didn't want to use much. She worked hard her whole life and was a single mom earlier in her life and thought that she didn't not deserve to be treated that way. 

I think oil companies, gas companies, etc.  should give Senior Citizens discounts.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marci81
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:56 PM
I think senior citizens should get it more than Docs and nurses.
c_boerman

I definitely think Senior Citizens deserve their discount.

miss_nevin

yeah old people should.. why not and personally work in those fields and no i dont think that we deserve a discount.. why.. its a job.. just like the nurse saves life doesnt mean that she needs a discount on clothes...

Ziggy.Stardust
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:57 PM

same here.. along with most of the things the OP mentioned.

Quoting c_boerman:

MaddiesMaMa418
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:58 PM

Quoting miss_nevin:

yeah old people should.. why not and personally work in those fields and no i dont think that we deserve a discount.. why.. its a job.. just like the nurse saves life doesnt mean that she needs a discount on clothes...

But because they're old, they do?

and I'm not talking clothes.  Most places that give them are fast food joints and movie theaters.

cadensmomma0210
by Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:58 PM

I definitely don't think doctors and nurses deserve a discount on things. Military, firefighters, police officers, and senior citizens; yes. But I don't see why the other two...

max05
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:02 PM

Agree! I think they deserve it and really need it. I know many families work on a fixed income but Senior Citizens have to depend on SSI and its not much at all. I remember my grandmother having a house that used oil to heat her home and she used to get upset cause the prices went so high. So she would have her house so cold cause she didn't want to use much. She worked hard her whole life and was a single mom earlier in her life and thought that she didn't not deserve to be treated that way. 

I think oil companies, gas companies, etc.  should give Senior Citizens discounts.

Quoting c_boerman:

cass_pick
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:03 PM

I personally think that the old people get the discounts because they usually don't make as much money. I know that when I ran a restaurant, a lot of our customers were widows/widowers who either didn't know how to cook or could afford to make as good of a meal as they might be able to get.

I'm not against military discounts by any means and I'm even for some others, life firefighters, police, etc but not sure I agree with drs, nurses, etc.

MaddiesMaMa418
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:03 PM

You make a good point. Fixed income, duh, I'm an idiot. BUT I still maintain that those others I listed should get them too.

Quoting max05:

Quoting c_boerman:

thisloveofmine
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:04 PM

I think law enforcement, ems, firefighters, military, and senior citizens do but not doctors and nurses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)