Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how lucky am i?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:04 PM
  • 11 Replies

SO is hanging out with his friends and watching the laker game on his only day off.

And guess how lucky I am?... I get to do the dishes, laundry and clean house while my teething baby cries for attention all by myself! Now this is my idea of a good time!

I'd love to text him right now and just say "thanks for spending a whole hour with us today on your day off, youre the best! oh and for not taking the trash out so i could, lucky me!" but I know it'd be immature and just start a fight, so I'm getting it out here.

I'm just SOOO annoyed right now. Why can't you spend ONE DAY at home?

Anyone else frustrated with their dh/so?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thisloveofmine
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:06 PM

Mine does this too. :-/

jls2006
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:07 PM

i know exactly what you mean! my s/o does things etc...but when it comes to me doing things..its a HUGE deal....i damn near have to find a sitter to get any girl time period!

KittyD
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:08 PM

he will only do what you let him get away with...fam before friends...

KittyD ~ Stop By My Page & Sign my Guest Book!

juliegorham
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:10 PM

Quoting jls2006:

i know exactly what you mean! my s/o does things etc...but when it comes to me doing things..its a HUGE deal....i damn near have to find a sitter to get any girl time period!

yeah. His jaw would drop if i said "well, I'm going to the movies and to hang out at my friends... you and Keagen have a good night"

He only suggests I do things if he doesn't have to be home by himself [or with ds] while I do them.

mommie_b515

I was the one that worked and DH stayed home- he'd always say stuff like that to me when I'd go (on my only day off) to visit with friends *granted, I took our son with me when i went to give him a break* but from that POV- its bc he never sees them bc of work... dont get too mad at him

Now on the other hand- I am now a SAHM and I understand how frustrating it is to be the one doing everything at home... why not just do what NEEDS done and leave it for another day.... take the rest of the time to love your LO... Send DH pics of you and your LO so he'll miss you and be more motivated to come home early (he might be afraid that your mad and stay out later)

The best way to get his attention- txt him and say "WE miss you baby. Here's a few pics so you wont be missing us"

You get more flies with honey, then vinegar... <3

juliegorham

Quoting KittyD:

he will only do what you let him get away with...fam before friends...

yeah but if he was at home he'd just be a total grump

l.jaysmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Me and my boyfriend are actually arguing about the same thing right now. haha. aren't we lucky!?!?!

juliegorham
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:15 PM

Quoting mommie_b515:

I was the one that worked and DH stayed home- he'd always say stuff like that to me when I'd go (on my only day off) to visit with friends *granted, I took our son with me when i went to give him a break* but from that POV- its bc he never sees them bc of work... dont get too mad at him

Now on the other hand- I am now a SAHM and I understand how frustrating it is to be the one doing everything at home... why not just do what NEEDS done and leave it for another day.... take the rest of the time to love your LO... Send DH pics of you and your LO so he'll miss you and be more motivated to come home early (he might be afraid that your mad and stay out later)

The best way to get his attention- txt him and say "WE miss you baby. Here's a few pics so you wont be missing us"

You get more flies with honey, then vinegar... <3

lol. I agree and understand, but right now I'm just too annoyed. He doesn't take ds with him, I also have studying to do and the thing with him is that if I did that, he'd think I was okay with him going over there all the time. I won't send him all the mean texts I'm thinking but I'm still too mad send some honey lol

milmiracle
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:15 PM

OMG I hear these posts sooooo much and it just brings me so many memories.  I am divorced cuz I got tired of that.  Now I am alone always and just feel soooooooo freeeeeeeeee.  It gets lonely but we had so many problems it was the best thing for us both.  I feel for you ladies when I hear this cuz I remember how bad it was for me and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.  I really believe guys don't grow up like we do, and even when they do they cannot take us being around them too long so I have kind of adapted to being alone and enjoy myself and just chill a lot.  We truly are more homebodies than they are and they also like more space than us at lease while we are still young I think as we grow older we exchange and while we need more space they get more clingy.  It's usually too late by then for a lot of couples and everyone has gone their own way but I guess it's life. 

juliegorham
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Quoting l.jaysmom:

Me and my boyfriend are actually arguing about the same thing right now. haha. aren't we lucky!?!?!

oh yes. its an ongoing argument with us

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)