Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To any women who have had a mamogram...

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:12 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am going for my first one ever tomorrow and I am starting to freak out. I have no idea what it is like or how it feels or anything. I getting really nervous.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TXMOM1980
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:14 PM

i had one at 25 do not be sacred..they just squzze the carp out of your boobs..then also did a songoram on one of my girls but it was nothing..i am 28 now and after 35 i will have to get one every year b/c of my risk of breast cancer. my mom died at 46 from cancer.

RmeWifey01
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:15 PM

I won't lie to you. It HURTS! If you can imagine your boobs being squashed under a bus or a semi, that's about what it feels like!!! You may have to fight the urge to pass out too. But good news.....it's over in about a minute per boob! Good luck and remember you are doing this for your health so don't chicken out ok.

my2girls516
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:18 PM

I had my first one done  a year ago.  It's not a big deal.  I had to go for a follow up sonogram.  they found a mass and I was referred to the Breast Surgeon.  Luckily it was benign.  Don't worry.  It's not painful at all.

Laura4807
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:20 PM

it's gonna hurt... your booby will be a pancake.

lol... good luck.

- Im the self proclaimed Drama Queen named Laura; I piss nothing but excellence, I'm a mom of the perfect Princess Lorelai, and the fiance to the greasy, yet sexy mechanic, Chris. I'm often sarcastic so don't take what I say to heart; I certainly won't take what YOU say to heart because: Computer screens don't scare me, nor do they hurt my feelings.

PA-PAGrandma
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:20 PM

I have had it done a couple times. It is not that hard. Its not comfortable, but it is short and done. You will be ok. I promise.

lolita04
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:27 PM

i have had it done once last year an that was enough ....that shit hurt ~ they smash your boob into a pancake ...you would think that with all the technology we have they would have come up with a better way then seeing how flat they can make your boobies .....

good luck , best thing about it is it only takes a few mins.

maizys_mom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:41 PM

I have a feeling I am going to resent pancakes after tomorrow!!

Thank you for responding. I do feel a little at ease. I will let you all know how it goes.

RmeWifey01
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Quoting my2girls516:

I had my first one done  a year ago.  It's not a big deal.  I had to go for a follow up sonogram.  they found a mass and I was referred to the Breast Surgeon.  Luckily it was benign.  Don't worry.  It's not painful at all.

Not trying to be rude, but...are you just trying to keep her from chickening out or do you have little ones b/c Sister let me tell you......it hurts if you have DD's!!! lol

GreenMtGirl
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:11 PM

I have had several mamograms.. relax..

you will go and put on one of those gowns..  with the ties in the front.  They will take you into the room..  you will then take one of your arms out of the gown.  put one of the girls on this shelf..  they will bring down this thing to flatten your breast.. not completely flat..  but enough.  It is annoying.  but it is far better to get this done then the pain of having cancer...

this is repeated on the other side...

It should not take long..

maizys_mom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:33 PM

I am not going to back out!!! If I was I would have cancelled 24 hours in advance!

My grandmother died at 45 of breast cancer

My moms younger sister was 36 I think when she was diagnosed with it.

My DD is a priority and I need to be healthy for her and myself of course.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)