Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Penn Foster College??!?! PIOG

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:13 PM
  • 21 Replies

A friend of mine is going through Penn Foster College and she likes it. I want to start taking classes for Early Childhood Education to get my associates degree. I have heard good things and bad things about it. My question is do any of you or have any of you taken classes from here?? Did you like it? Is it worth the money? Do you recommend it? What is it like?? Please help. If you cant, bump please!! Thanks ladies!!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
l.jaysmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:16 PM

bump

Brenna
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:17 PM

Bump.

Best wishes!  I really hope you get a chance to go to school!  Continuing my education has really done wonders for my brain!  :)

l.jaysmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Thank you!!!

Aidensmom02
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:23 PM

I am currently going through Penn Foster for my high school diploma. I have 3 tests left with the before I am done. I love it! I can't believe I am almost done!!!

mommylovehug
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:27 PM

I did, but it wasn't worth the money.  Most places will not hire you with schooling through penn foster.  They will tell you they are credited... which is true, but only regionally!  Which doesn't mean much to jobs!  Also if you stop midway your credits will not transfer!  I learned the hard way that it's not worth it.  I was 75% through when I started talking to people that went through penn foster, and they had to go back through places like career step... I think that's teh name... they are more expensive but recognized but most all jobs as a real college.  Good luck on finding a way to get your career started.

l.jaysmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:41 PM

thank you.

Quoting mommylovehug:

I did, but it wasn't worth the money.  Most places will not hire you with schooling through penn foster.  They will tell you they are credited... which is true, but only regionally!  Which doesn't mean much to jobs!  Also if you stop midway your credits will not transfer!  I learned the hard way that it's not worth it.  I was 75% through when I started talking to people that went through penn foster, and they had to go back through places like career step... I think that's teh name... they are more expensive but recognized but most all jobs as a real college.  Good luck on finding a way to get your career started.

mrshoag
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:44 PM

I was working on my hs diploma through Penn Foster I loved it. I actually only have like 4 more tests and I will be done, but I need to come up with the rest of the money I owe them b4 I can finish and get my diploma.

jogre
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:46 PM
im doing the early childhood education through penn foster and i love it. I started in November. I know that here in florida its accredited, i actually contacted the department of education of florida and they said that with that degree i could apply for a license in early childhood education.

aidensmommy0309
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:49 PM

I am currently going through Penn Foster and I absolutely LOVE it! I am getting my hs diploma as well and they help more than any other that i know..they are really encouraging and great. I recommend the school to anyone I know. I am not sure about the college though, but I am going to look into going through them for my college as well because i love them so much :)

Good Luck :)

xoxo
Aiden's Mommy

JAX_Mami
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:50 PM

are you sure...i checked and it says its nationally accredited. how long ago did you go? my sil went there and she got a job. a good paying job too.

Quoting mommylovehug:

BUT

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)