Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need your prayers please! not a debate post

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:17 PM
  • 8 Replies

I found out tonight that one of my close friends is pregnant. She told me she was going to have an abortion. I told her there were other options and that if she wants to she can come and stay with my husband and our 16 month old for the whole pregnancy (she lives in a different town, and is willing to transfer her job over here so she can help us out while she stays with us) and if she didn't want to have the baby when he/she was born then we will adopt the baby. She is seriously considering this.

I have NO problems with any of that, I believe a life is precious. So does my husband. But when I told him about my idea he was totally against it. I need your prayers mommas, I pray to soften my husband's heart. I am not giving up on my friend, I just need my husband's support on this. I want to adopt the baby, he doesn't... what can I do, what should I do?

Please pray

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ldsdragonmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:19 PM

I will keep you in my prayers.

boy n girlCohen April 2006 and Makayla July 2003

expecting boy Brandon due April of 09!

candiH
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Quoting ldsdragonmom:

I will keep you in my prayers.

Thank you so much! I just can't get at ease with this if he can't support me.

lindseyjay347
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:22 PM

You are in our prayers...

moms rockKylee's Mommy!

milmiracle
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:22 PM

I would listen to him, he knows what he's talking about.  I'm sure he already got into it w/ u so I wont.  Good Luck. 

ForeverMeme
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:24 PM

if it's meant to be it will happen. 

Lady4Christ
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:24 PM

I will keep you all in prayer. I'd be willing to adopt the baby. I haven't been able to get pregnant for 4 yrs. My husband and I tried after our 1st one but nothing and I'd love another baby; if thats ok with you.

AngieFee
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:27 PM

I'll pray for your husband and friend... I would have asked the same thing and my husband would have responded the same way... hopfully she'll come around once she feels the baby kick... was he atleast okay with her staying with you guys?

adamjackie
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:30 PM

I was in a similar situation a week ago. My friend told me she was pregnant. I offered to adopt the baby. My dh said ok if I fealt that we could handle it and it was the right decision. Well I prayed about it and cried about it. My friend is now keeping th baby and has only asked that I be there for her when she has questions on raising her baby. You all are in my prayers.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)