Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elephant feet above me!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:17 PM
  • 34 Replies

How long and late would you wait to complain to the neighbor above you in an apartment when they have been stomping, screaming, running, and blairing music every night for 4 days straight? It's driving me insane and  they keep waking my kids up!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snoopy21276
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:20 PM

can you call the apartment manager and complain.. or would you be talking to the family directly???? It is rude.. what time is it there?? like is this after a time kids should be going to bed. .like 8 or so??

CharityAbbysMom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:20 PM

bump

sym71006
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Wow U know u live in apartment.. I say if you want peace u should live in a house.. It is like living with people.. Never quite.. I know I have some upstairs that run N jump N bang thing more than I like, However I live in a apartment that is to be expected...

elijiahsmomma

I would say something before I got too mad about it so that it wouldn't come across mean and start an argument. 

CharityAbbysMom

It's 9:20 here and the landlord lives in another town, so I would have to talk to the family directly.

Quoting snoopy21276:

can you call the apartment manager and complain.. or would you be talking to the family directly???? It is rude.. what time is it there?? like is this after a time kids should be going to bed. .like 8 or so??

CharityAbbysMom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:23 PM

I am aware of the fact that I live in an apartment. Not everyone has the option to just up and buy a house.

Quoting sym71006:

Wow U know u live in apartment.. I say if you want peace u should live in a house.. It is like living with people.. Never quite.. I know I have some upstairs that run N jump N bang thing more than I like, However I live in a apartment that is to be expected...

snoopy21276
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Quoting CharityAbbysMom:

It's 9:20 here and the landlord lives in another town, so I would have to talk to the family directly.

Quoting snoopy21276:

do you know the mom??? like could you leave a note on the door politely asking them to settle down as it is affecting your children's evenings??? IDK.. i am sure it is frustrating...

sym71006
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Yea I know I am one that doesnt have that as an option.. I am just saying that the noise comes with the apartment.. It is life... That is all..

Quoting CharityAbbysMom:

I am aware of the fact that I live in an apartment. Not everyone has the option to just up and buy a house.

Quoting sym71006:

JessiBell
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Lol...you almost sound like my downstairs neighbor, except the first time she came up here to complain was definitely the last!!  Basically told her sorry but I am not going to tie up my child or make him walk on tiptoes!! All part of apartment living!! Its loud to me every time they flush their toilet or take a shower...

Anyways...Maybe you can ask for an upstairs unit?? I dunno, just a suggestion, but I wish you luck!! If you do talk to them, try your hardest to be nice and polite even if you are annoyed =) 

CharityAbbysMom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:30 PM

I've talked to her before, but we do not really get along. We had a spat a few weeks ago (actually it was with my dh). She flipped out on him because I did not come out to help shovel the driveway after a huge snow storm. I am 36 weeks pg. I have done some light shoveling on the sidewalk when it is light fluffy snow you can just push off the walk, but I am not shoveling 4 feet of snow in the driveway.

Quoting snoopy21276:

Quoting CharityAbbysMom:

Quoting snoopy21276:

do you know the mom??? like could you leave a note on the door politely asking them to settle down as it is affecting your children's evenings??? IDK.. i am sure it is frustrating...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)