Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!!! Freaking out a bit EDIT UPDATE IN RED

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:21 PM
  • 10 Replies

Has anyone ever had an ectopic pregnancy? What were your symptoms? Especially if it happened with an IUD like the Mirena.

I have the Mirena and have been having a ton of pain in my lower abdomen and pelvic area and low back pain, all mostly on the right side as well as some spotting and dizziness. I don't know what is going on but I was reading stuff about Mirena and it had mentioned an ectopic pregnancy. Well, I don't know much about them.

Any help is appreciated! DH is on the way to the store to get pee tests. Do they show up on regular test????

Pregnancy test said negative. So it's probably not that. Now I don't know what it is. I think I should wait until the morning and then call my OB if I'm still hurting or if it gets worse go to the ER. TY ladies for all the advice though and I hope nothing turns out to be wrong.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kiwi107
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:24 PM

i want to know to. i have my IUD for almost a yr and ive been getting the same symptons the past few wks

Ms.Dean
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:28 PM

I think ectopic is when a fetus attaches itself outside the uterus. I do believe it shows up in the pee test.

Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:30 PM

An ectopic pregnancy will show up on a hpt.  If it is an ectopic (you can have the symptoms but not be ectopic) you will need medical attention to make sure it doesn't rupture.

1471640_1230664228_med-1.gif picture by jdavis2

alithemklady
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:34 PM

That's what I have always heard. 

Quoting Kellileanne:

An ectopic pregnancy will show up on a hpt.  If it is an ectopic (you can have the symptoms but not be ectopic) you will need medical attention to make sure it doesn't rupture.

AngieFee
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:36 PM

I can tell u excatly what it is.... is ur uterus tilted at all? if it is I bet the iud punctured your uturus.... It happened to me... u should ask to get an ultrasound... you'll need one either way

Brandy.B
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:37 PM

The doc mentioned when he put it in my uterus was facing down a bit. Is that the same thing?!!!

Quoting AngieFee:

I can tell u excatly what it is.... is ur uterus tilted at all? if it is I bet the iud punctured your uturus.... It happened to me... u should ask to get an ultrasound... you'll need one either way

sanatchison
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:40 PM

I think either way the test comes out, you should call the doc in the am, if if is positive, and you are having those symptoms, I would go to the ER.

AngieFee
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:43 PM

yes... I wouldn't freak out too much and yes it is painful... but I would have it checked out it could get infected and cause pelvic inflammitory disease, and cervititus.... thats whay happeden to me :) good luck if you have more questions please feel free to leave them on my page :)

Ethansmom85
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:44 PM

i have had a ovarian cyst rupture....the pain put me into tears, and lasted for days.....its fairly common with women who have had kids. You can see the cysts on an ultrasound. They dont always explode...but when they do...ugh

marilyn623
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:45 PM

i had those same symptoms with mirena and i had a cyst on my ovary that popped. i would just go to the er. and they said my symptoms could be pelvic inflamatory dissease. luckily my culture thing came back normal. good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)