Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this SUCKS!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:41 PM
  • 5 Replies

DH leaves for work at around 5:20am when i am still in bed. Normaly i get to spend some time w him when he gets home at 5pm, today as soon as he gets home he has me go pick up dinner, which took till 530-40ish, and then he passed out at like 7!  He even missed putting DD to bet at 730 which i let him do every night sence she doesnt get to see him all day.We didnt even really get to talk or any thing b/c most of that time was spent eating/me feeding DD. I get soo lonly some times. It isnt too bad on the nights when we stay up till 9-10. Right now i am tired but i dont want to go to bed b/c even thought he is asleep i feel like i want to spend time with him, and it takes me for ever to go to sleep any ways b/c i know when i wake up he will be gone again. He is off sat. and sun, but this past weekend was so busy i still didnt get to really spend time with him. Both days we were apart 4-5hours. I just feel like time is flying away and that i cant get enough time with him. We were SUPOSEDTO start having a date night, but that isnt going as planned. (last sun. D and i started having play dates and have one again Sat. but DH is comming too) I just wish i knew how to make him understand that i need some time with him...

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommy2alissa
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:59 PM

....................................................................................................... 

eddysmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:06 PM

men just dont understand. my hubby works nights and he leave here at 5 45 and gets home at 5 or 4 45 am. well i normaly wake him up at 1 or 1 30. today it was 1 and he actualy told me was going to sleep till 3. that give us no time to play with ds and no time for me to spend with him. i know just how you feel. and men just realy dont understand. they dont get the whole women what to talk all the time. to my hubby spending time together means being at home at the same time.

Joanna_M
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:12 PM

My hubby used to work second shift and since I stay home and the baby was still too little to care about night and day we just all lived on his schedual. Now he actually works at real times and I get up and have coffee with him before he leaves every morning so we can fit in some time together.

Try to find something that you guys can do together in the evenings so that when he gets home and is awake your not both in different rooms doing your own thing. If you have a plan for how to spend your time you're less likely to piddle it away on the PC or in front of the TV.

Good luck.

mommy2alissa
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:16 PM

lol. same w my DH. Problem is even when he is here, that attitude, or him being in the shower or sleeping makes me still feel alone. Only it is worse b/c i can feel time ticking away untill i will actually be alone again. I even got a dog to add to the company i get from my 18month old, in the end i am a little busier an ocasionally slightly less lonly, but that is about it.

Quoting eddysmommy:

men just dont understand. my hubby works nights and he leave here at 5 45 and gets home at 5 or 4 45 am. well i normaly wake him up at 1 or 1 30. today it was 1 and he actualy told me was going to sleep till 3. that give us no time to play with ds and no time for me to spend with him. i know just how you feel. and men just realy dont understand. they dont get the whole women what to talk all the time. to my hubby spending time together means being at home at the same time.

mommy2alissa
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:28 PM

The problem with that is that all he wants to do when he gets home is chill and watch tv., maby get on the computer. We spend maby 10min actually talking. I cant make him get it.

Quoting Joanna_M:

My hubby used to work second shift and since I stay home and the baby was still too little to care about night and day we just all lived on his schedual. Now he actually works at real times and I get up and have coffee with him before he leaves every morning so we can fit in some time together.

Try to find something that you guys can do together in the evenings so that when he gets home and is awake your not both in different rooms doing your own thing. If you have a plan for how to spend your time you're less likely to piddle it away on the PC or in front of the TV.

Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)