Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ADVICE ASAP... within 5 minutes. PLEASE

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:44 PM
  • 42 Replies

OK... I am pizzed at DH... hardcore... no he didn't cheat or anything and I will vent later.... trust me....

BUT I want to head into town alone and go to the bar and be ME for awhile.... should I go? The kids are fine with him... I just need to escape... is tha wrong of me... to run when I am mad?

motherhood-quote21

Stefanie - Mommy to Liam Patrick 07/07 (IUGR) and Molly Kate 06/08 (IUGR, Pre-Natal Stroke, Developmental Delays, and Failure to Thrive) and Wife to Mark since 2/17/2006

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baly2001
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:45 PM

I say go for it. If the kids are safe then why not.

Brenna
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:45 PM

I get lost every Sunday and just walk the aisles at the dollar store.

You need time for YOU.  We never get that as moms.  TAKE IT!

Plus-size-mommy
by StarBaby on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:45 PM

well you might be more likely to do something you normally would not do. i'd say go for a walk or go take a bubble bath or something, don't go to the bar mad.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

JAX_Mami
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:46 PM

its better to leave when you're angry so things don't get out of hand. I wouldn't go to the bar because once I start knocking them back i get all sad and start crying like a hot mess lol. maybe go for a walk or drive. alcohol and mad don't mix lol

BUT

LEJOLIE
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:46 PM

not wrong to get away but the bar thing may be an issue/

babygirlsmom314
by Corinne on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:46 PM

If you need time to cool down then there is nothing wrong with you leaving and having some "me" time.

Sharon300
by Sharon on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:46 PM

I would go sometimes it does good to get away for a minute and let things cool down.

momofmalakhi
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:47 PM

If you don't feel like you should go do a bar, don't. but maybe a nice little drive will do. Or just go park somewhere and have some you time! We all need a little ME time! Do whatever you think will help you the most. Good luck in your decision mama and keep your head up!

metalmomma25

this.

Quoting LEJOLIE:

not wrong to get away but the bar thing may be an issue/

~Group Admin~

MommyAmber15

never wrong to take some time for yourself. but I cant say the bar is going to be a good place....just take a drive or something. Go some where else where you could cool down and have some you time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)