Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kentucky Moms

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:47 PM
  • 4 Replies

I am moving to Kentucky in a few months. We are gonna be at Fort Knox up by Louisville (sp?) Any advice or info on the area would be greatly apreciated. I have never been there in my life and a little nervous about it.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BeStill
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:53 PM

Hey Girl, We live in owensboro about 2 hours southwest ish from Louisville. Aside from being covered in ice right now with power in and out it's pretty great. I don't know much about Fort Knox but Louisville is one place we go for weekend getaways. There is alot to do there with kids and without. Good museums, theme parks, and lots of art festivals in the summer. Hope your move goes smooth.

MESMommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:58 PM

hey hey!! I live in Nicholasville (right next to Lexington).. about 70 miles from etown/ft knox.  My hubby is in the NAtl. guard and has had some training there.. he lived there for about 5 months.. so I was going to and from lexington every weekend to see him... Etown/Radcliff are the little towns right there at ft. knox... There is a small mall in etown.. a lot of car lots and pawn shops...I like ft. knox.. its a neat post.  Definitely go to Louisville and Lexington to see some nice spots in Kentucky... Do you like horses?? You def. have to come into Lexington for Keeneland when it opens in the spring.. for the horse races... welcome!! Hope your travels are safe.. and if you need a friend here... Im here!!!!  :)

~Jackie 

ps.. sorry.. my typing sucks.. i am in the dark and going really fast.. not really paying attention..hehe

MommyofKenzie
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Hi! Well I live in south eastern Ky but I have been to Fort Knox countless times and it's a beautiful place. Sorry I couldn't help much

adamjackie
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 12:21 AM

Thanks for your replies ladies. American Idol cam on and I got to watching it and totaly forgot I made a post. lol I am soo excited to move. It looks beautiful there. Thank you for all the info.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)