Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love146 and children trafficked for sexual exploitation

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:58 PM
  • 22 Replies

Two children per minute are trafficked for sexual exploitation/slavery.

Can you Imagine?! Two a minute. How many minutes have you been online today? How many minutes did your children play happily?

Love146 is a nonprofit organization that works towards ENDING what has happened to so many children. I went to their website and watched their video and I wanted to Cry. I did cry. I thought of my daughter. She is only 2. But in so many places in the world that could happen to her. The hard truth is that IS happening to some other little girl right now. and that breaks my heart. So i'm doing what I can right now. I'm getting the word out. I'm telling you ladies about this website and about this group. And I want you to go look. It just takes a fw minutes, but maybe you can think of something or do something that I can't. But at least Look and Think about it. Watch their video clip. Pass this along. Maybe you can help. There are So many ways, and maybe we can do soething about this somehow.

If you have a little money to spend you can buy a TShirt, http://www.weareoverlooked.com/ has shirts for several causes, one of them is for this, and that is how I found out about this site. You can see the shirt here. I will be buying this myself because when I saw it I wanted to cry.

Or you can go to the http://www.love146.org/ website and see what they have going on themselves. They ahve a few videos. and they ARE a BBB certified nonprofit organization. I can't Not do anything when I hear about 146 and imagine my daughter, or some little girl that could have been just like her wearing that number. Please Please do something, or at least bump this so that maybe someone else will.

Kandace

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aarkat
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:59 PM

thank you for this info 

thisloveofmine
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:00 PM

I've heard about that child trafficking thing. Terrible.

kandycain
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:01 PM

I edited my post to add two of the video clips they have, and I don't see how people can Not do something. ESP mothers. We can't just have this as an Out of sight out of mind thing. We need to Do something about this.

RmeWifey01
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:03 PM

bump

kandycain
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Has anyone watched the videos and gone to the website or Anything?!

CloudyDay
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:18 PM

bump

kandycain
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Is anyone involved with any other organizations that are important causes?

jabakasupergirl
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:33 PM

bump

Korkor
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:56 PM

That is so sick and so sad.  I hate to see that stuff.. It happens even here in America.. kids smuggled in or kidnapped, or even runaways taken off the streets.. It makes me sick knowing that this happens and even sicker knowing that some of these poor babies were sold by their own "parents' 

Come on over and join my new group
http://www.cafemom.com/group/wishuponamom
kandycain
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 2:26 AM

Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)