Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help finding help

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:58 PM
  • 9 Replies

i need help finding someone to help me an my husband file or go through the process of removing my baby daddys rights and getting adoption papers going for my husband na my daughter.

is there any site on the net or something that i can look up that has ppl to help me with legal advice for  free? ive been to a few, but all, none of my questions were answered. all i really got was, get a lawyer. an that was a lawyer that told me that.

anyone have any suggestions about getting some help?we dont have that kind of money to get a lawyer. we have the forms, but dont know what to do with them really.

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
carlye828
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:00 PM

Is your babies father in the picture at all?

M0mmy0f_3
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:00 PM

If you already have the forms then you fill them out and file them with your local courthouse for whatever the fee is for filing those papers. 

Tired of being deleted? Click my banner and speak your mind.

MOMby19
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:01 PM

unless the baby's dad voluntarily gives up his rights all you really can do is call a family lawyer. sorry i can't be of more help. best of luck to you though.

carmensmamma
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:03 PM

no. he disapeared a year an one month ago. an hasnt paid child support in that time too. i have no idea where he is. we have a court order he was sposed to follow too. he had unsupervised visitation and had to pay child support. he never followed any of it an suddenly just up an disapeared

Quoting carlye828:

Is your babies father in the picture at all?

Anica81
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:10 PM

There's a website that I recently heard of @ www.lawyer.com. I've never checked it out,but I hope it helps.

carlye828
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:11 PM

This, I'm sure varies from state to state, but here in Florida, this is how it works.  If your DH wants to adopt your DD, call your county clerks office & tell them what you want to do.  They will tell you exactly what to do first.  You will probably have to run an ad in the paper, any local paper, for 30 stating that you need to find your DD's father.  Then you can say that you have sincerely tried to contact him.  After that the court assumes if he has not come forward, he waives his rights & the adoption can proceed.   What state are you in? 

Katenemsmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Try Handle on the law.  He's a lawyer with a radio show and answers legal questions every Saturday morning.  KFI 640AM in Los Angeles.

carmensmamma
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:27 PM

i live in cali. that kinda sounds like what ive heard

Quoting carlye828:

This, I'm sure varies from state to state, but here in Florida, this is how it works.  If your DH wants to adopt your DD, call your county clerks office & tell them what you want to do.  They will tell you exactly what to do first.  You will probably have to run an ad in the paper, any local paper, for 30 stating that you need to find your DD's father.  Then you can say that you have sincerely tried to contact him.  After that the court assumes if he has not come forward, he waives his rights & the adoption can proceed.   What state are you in? 

carlye828
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Amazingly enough, its not really that difficult if the father is not involved.  Mainly, just some waiting.  Good Luck!  I'm glad your DH is doing that.  When kids grow up with no contact from their sperm donor, they need to have their Daddy's name.

Quoting carmensmamma:

i live in cali. that kinda sounds like what ive heard

Quoting carlye828:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)