Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taxes - did you use

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:59 PM
  • 7 Replies

Turbo Tax and how long does it take for direct deposit?  I know it says 7-10 days but isn't it a little sooner?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
baly2001
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:02 PM

It is actually 8-15 days.

carlye828
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:05 PM

They always put it in on a Friday.  It usually takes a week or so.  I always get it pretty fast using Turbo Tax.  BTW, I am pissed at Turbo Tax.  I use it every year.  The program somehow let me enter my unemployment 2x, so the income I filed was higher than it actually was & I shorted myself almost $600.  Now I have to file an amendment.  AAAHHHHH!!!!!   Plus, I paid for the darn program!  I could have done it online for free!  Anybody need money?  Apparently I'm just throwing it away left & right!

MaddiesMaMa418
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Quoting carlye828:

They always put it in on a Friday.  It usually takes a week or so.  I always get it pretty fast using Turbo Tax.  BTW, I am pissed at Turbo Tax.  I use it every year.  The program somehow let me enter my unemployment 2x, so the income I filed was higher than it actually was & I shorted myself almost $600.  Now I have to file an amendment.  AAAHHHHH!!!!!   Plus, I paid for the darn program!  I could have done it online for free!  Anybody need money?  Apparently I'm just throwing it away left & right!

LOL awww....I'm sorry :(

We use taxslayer.com,  by 'we' I mean my husband. All I do is hand him my W-2

MikeysMom51108
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Well, if you're just throwing it away anyway....only a hundred or two though, I'm not greedy =)

Quoting carlye828:

cguffey
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:19 PM

I put mine this past Friday and we will be getting it on Feb 6th. If you go to the IRS site there is a schedule of when they direct deposit and when they mail paper checks. It all depends on what day your return is accepted. They only deposit on Fridays.

mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:21 PM

just 100.00 lol j/k

Quoting carlye828:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)