Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good Gifts for 1 year old Boy

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:11 PM
  • 12 Replies

My family is asking me what to get for my son who will be 1 in February. What toys, etc. can you recommend for my little man? I am very into educational things as well. Please help me!!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofhnd
by Nugget Nabber on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:12 PM

blocks, cars, balls..learning toys.

shandrarose
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:14 PM

whenever i dont know what to tell someone i just say books.. you can never have too many.. well mayybe

Fostersforbeer
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:14 PM

my daughter just turned one. SHe got some books, and baby einstein videos.

SHe got this drum thing, filled with other musical insrtuments she likes to bang around.

SHe got clothes too..

Um puzzles.. and these blocks that are different shapes, so she can learn to put the start through the star whole and into the bucket.. if that makes sense..

an Elmo live..

but to be honest.. she only plays with the remotes laying around in my living room and the books... her toys entertain her for like 2 mi ntues and then she is off getting into stuff.

lilmama22806
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:15 PM

good suggestions. are there any specific toys that your kids liked at that age that you can recommend? i totally forgot what my older son was into at that age.

TXMOM1980
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:16 PM

books are always good.

lilmama22806
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:24 PM

books are always good! thanks. anything else?

l.jaysmom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:26 PM

My son loves blocks and he loved that cube that you have to put the shaped blocks through. And he loves remotes!! and elmo.

heartstolen08
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:26 PM

The bounce ans spon pony, its for 12 months to 36 months. its wireless and goes onthe tv to do counting, alphabet and more. We got it for x-mas for him but he is still a little small for it. We are getting my son a wagon for his b-day. Its shaped like a acar and the handle is fromt he back so you push it instead of pull it, its made my step 2.

NewMommy308
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:33 PM

My son got a abc train that you can ride on or push. It come with abc blocks to put on the train and it tells you what letter it is and something that starts with that letter.  Truthfully though he just plays with them for a bit then he is off exploring the house again.  But his favorite toy is his little four wheeler.  They have so much fun on these....

"JJ" is my true miracle baby. Born 11 weeks early and at only 1 pound 15 ounces and 14 inches long. This is my proof of miracles really do happen!! It has been just about a year since he came along!

boyx3
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:33 PM

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/179-7459323-5989351?ASIN=B000R91012&AFID=Froogle&LNM=B000R91012|Radio_Flyer_Retro_Rocket&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=B000R91012&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

any kind of scooter. All my boys got a scooter of some sort when they turned one. Ryan has the retro rocket and the twins have the mater and mcqueen scooters. We got our friend the little people schoolbus.

It teaches them coordination, helps with walking,  they can push buttons and learn songs or numbers, etc.  I highly recommend something like this at age one.  It may take them a few months to get it, but once they do, they love it. In fact, my 3 y/o tries to steal them away from his baby brothers all the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)