Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for ethnic baby dolls

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:26 PM
  • 15 Replies

My daughter's birthday is coming up, and my husband and I really wanted to get her some more baby dolls.  She is so sweet with them!  We think it's a very healthy activity for her right now since she will be a big sister soon.  But we are having a problem:  we are trying to make sure her doll collection is as diverse as the world around her.  But so far we have only been able to find her dolls that are black and white.  We would love her to have a Hispanic baby and an Asian one.   Keep in mind, we are on a Toys R Us budget, not a fancy boutique one.  On that note, any advice on where to look?

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jennymitchell
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Wal-Marts in our area have Hispanic dolls. But we lived in an area with a VERY large Hispanic population (like white people were the minority).  I don't know if they're available eveywhere.  I think that that's where I got my daughter's doll anyway.  Good luck!

JAX_Mami
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:33 PM

try toysrus.com....i found alot when i got some bilingual ones for dd.

BUT

mamamissy316
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:36 PM

I didn't see any at our Wal-Mart.  Our local population is split pretty evenly between black and white, so that's probably why those were the only two dolls we could find. 

Quoting jennymitchell:

Wal-Marts in our area have Hispanic dolls. But we lived in an area with a VERY large Hispanic population (like white people were the minority).  I don't know if they're available eveywhere.  I think that that's where I got my daughter's doll anyway.  Good luck!

IsaiahsMommy515
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:38 PM

I've seen hispanic and asian dolls at Toys R Us.  They always seem to have a pretty diverse doll aisle.

IsaiahsMommy515
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:39 PM

Try toys r us and walmart websites, I'm sure you'd find some there if they dont carry the dolls in your area.

Quoting mamamissy316:

I didn't see any at our Wal-Mart.  Our local population is split pretty evenly between black and white, so that's probably why those were the only two dolls we could find. 

Quoting jennymitchell:

mamamissy316
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:42 PM

The only ones there were black, white, and Dora LOL we saw some Dora's too, but we really wanted dolls that were more lifelike.

Quoting JAX_Mami:

try toysrus.com....i found alot when i got some bilingual ones for dd.

redhottmama01
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:48 PM

I would look on the internet....that is a very good idea to have diversity like that! nice idea mama!! The  must be some dolls on the internet....check out let us know what you find!!!

mamamissy316
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:48 PM

I just checked Walmart.com and they did have a hispanic doll.  I personally think it just looked like a white baby with brown hair and brown eyes though!  LOL I'll tell you what, if I were an Asian or Hispanic mom, I would be so frustrated!

Quoting IsaiahsMommy515:

Try toys r us and walmart websites, I'm sure you'd find some there if they dont carry the dolls in your area.

Quoting mamamissy316:

Quoting jennymitchell:

mamamissy316
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:58 PM

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to resort to buy from the internet, but I did google some really nice ones!  these dolls were all between 25 and 35 bucks - plus a massive shipping price, I'm sure!

Athena already has a black baby, but I thought this one was so cute!!  I love the chubby cheeks!

allensavannahs
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:01 PM

well dora the explorer is hispanic, she can be found in walmart, kmart, target, kb toys etc.... I dont know about an asian doll, the internet maybe.....

boy n girlexpecting boy

I'm a Mother, Wife , Friend. Granddaughter, Neice, Aunt , Nerd, but most of all i'm ME.

psychic test results

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)