Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow This makes me feel good

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:37 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok for christmas i took some pictures of my girls and had them printed in wallet size for all our family well i had sent it to my FIL and MIL in Alabama and my mil wanted to blow it up so she took it to her local walmart to have them blow it up but they wouldnt do it because they said it was a professional picture.   That made me Feel good but it kind of made me mad too so i just up loaded the picture and made an order for her to pick up at her walmart but wow.

Here is the picture i sent them

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Partyof4plus1
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:47 PM

Very cute!  Good job! 

Laceymom08
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:48 PM

very beautiful

Sharon300
by Sharon on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Wow have you thought about photography, you take wonderful pictures. Your girls are adorable.

mom2jaymeenella
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:54 PM

No actually i always hated most of my pics but i may look into that this pic was done fast too within about 2 minutes because it was sooo cold lol

And thank you all for the compliments.

Quoting Sharon300:

Wow have you thought about photography, you take wonderful pictures. Your girls are adorable.

Karabeara78
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:59 PM

Walmart has morons working for them, I swear. lol Last week I took my gram to our Walmart because she wanted to edit a few pics from my uncle's wedding for a project. These pics were OBVIOUSLY amateur but the guy at the photo desk said, "I don't have to sell these to you if I don't want to and I really believe these are professional." I looked at him and seriously LAUGHED. I said, "Damn... if these were done by a professional we really wasted our money." My gram was furious and told him he was an idiot and snatched the originals off the counter. The pics were taken by a friend on a ordinary camera... just like you or I would use. I don't think they should be allowed to reject them UNLESS they have the copyright stamp on the back. Cuz really... how do they know? And it's not fair to us to not be allowed to make reprints of our own pics.

kaosgirly8403
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:04 PM

Your girls are adorable!  I always print my pics out at Target.  You can even print them online with photobucket.com and just pick them up from your nearby Target.  Their prices are about the same as Walmart.  Never had any problems with getting the pics.

Heddy2007
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:07 PM

lol  I've encountered this too at Walmart and Walgreen's.  Ridiculous cuz the photos I take are with a point-n-shoot camera.  Anyway, the guy at Walgreen's called me and said he would NOT release my photos without a signed release.  So, I googled a release form, made my own, signed it and took it to him.  WHATEVER!  LOL 

angelofmusic
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:33 PM

they arent supposed to reject pics unless they have the copyright on them. because i am pretty sure most if not all professional companies use a copyright, and if they dont, then they dont care if you get copies made. the whole thing is they cant do it if it has the copyright... otherwise there is nothing illegal about them doing it. so that was dumb. but yes it is a cute picture. and next time just tell her to do it on the little kiosk things. they cost about the same, and you dont have to deal with some of the dumb people that dont know what they are doing (not bashing all photo employees just the ones that are dumb. lol)

usmcvalle
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:36 PM

Not true,  Professional photographers don't put embedding copyrights on the photos themselves, if they offer a CD to print then they must offer a print release or copyright release for these type of places to print, ( if they believe they are professional)  It is illegal to make copies unless you have this form from the photographer. 

Quoting angelofmusic:

they arent supposed to reject pics unless they have the copyright on them. because i am pretty sure most if not all professional companies use a copyright, and if they dont, then they dont care if you get copies made. the whole thing is they cant do it if it has the copyright... otherwise there is nothing illegal about them doing it. so that was dumb. but yes it is a cute picture. and next time just tell her to do it on the little kiosk things. they cost about the same, and you dont have to deal with some of the dumb people that dont know what they are doing (not bashing all photo employees just the ones that are dumb. lol)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)