Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby not sleeping on her own HELP

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:00 PM
  • 6 Replies

My daughter is almost 1 year old and we have slowly been getting her to sleep in her crib, she has been sleeping with us in our bed. She goes down with no problem but about 45 minutes after she falls asleep she wakes up screaming and gets up in her crib and and bounces up and down and screams. I go in the room and try to sooth her and lay her down in her crib but she just gets back up and starts bouncing before i even get out of the room... I don't know what to do anymore can anyone give me some advice??

Proud Wife to Jared and Proud Mommy to Evelyn
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mom2be0207
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:07 PM

bump!?!?

HipMama08
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:09 PM

My daughter is almost 1 too and doesn't sleep well at night yet either. So here's a bump for answers for both of us!

stacymomof2
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Yikes my 1yo was doing this too.  All the advice I have ever read is to continue to lay them down and cover them up until they get that they have to sleep in their crib.  It worked for me, the first couple of nights it took a while (i kept going back in her room every 5 mins or so) but after that it was easy.  She now usually goes to bed just fine.  She does have times where she will do it again, but not as bad.  I also started a real routine of pj's, brush teeth, ead books, sing a song, and bed.  Now she usually is happy to go to bed, by the time I get to the song her eyes are droopy.  I'm a big believer in a bedtime routine.

giftofgiving
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:14 PM

Click this link:

Yahoo Answers

I think you may find help here, or sign up and ask for more help :) It's easy to use.

I searched up what your question is - so that link will take you to answers to your question. Good luck

Kellileanne
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:14 PM

It took a lot of work to get dd in her crib (dh left with the army in june so it was just me and her and the sleep deprivation got to me).  She would wake up constantly.  I finally had had enough.  About a week ago I decided that she was not going to sleep with me anymore (she moves around too much so I don't really sleep that well and i'm scared she will fall off the bed).  So, the first two nights were horrible.  I was soo exausted but she stayed in that bed all night (I would go in and lay her down and rub her head and rarely pick her up and hold her for a minute or two.   And finally (I'm probably jinxing myself here) she has slept in her own bed all night only waking enough that I have to help her fall asleep once for the last 4 nights!!!!!  I was soo exausted the first couple of nights but we did well!!!  Good Luck!

1471640_1230664228_med-1.gif picture by jdavis2

Night_Roane
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:19 PM

Are you againsty CIO? I don't really care what method you choose for your child, but CIO will work very fast - she'll be sleeping just fine within a week. A less traumatic way to CIO is the Ferber method.

Dr. Richard Ferber discusses and outlines a wide range of practices to teach an infant to sleep. The term Ferberization is now popularly used to refer to the following techniques:

• Take steps to prepare the baby to sleep. This includes night-time rituals and day-time activities.
  • At bedtime, leave the child in bed and leave the room.
  • Return at progressively increasing intervals to comfort the baby (without picking him up). For example, on the first night, some scenarios call for returning first after three minutes, then after five minutes, and thereafter each ten minutes, until the baby is asleep.
  • Each subsequent night, return at intervals longer than the night before. For example, the second night may call for returning first after five minutes, then after ten minutes, and thereafter each twelve minutes, until the baby is asleep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferber_method

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)