Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those that Co-Sleep

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:08 PM
  • 15 Replies

So my DD is 2 1/2 and has always slept very well for us. She slept through the night from the day she was born. Has always slept in her own room form day one and always slept at least 15 hours a night. All of the sudden she will only sleep in our bed with us.

Fot those of you who co-sleep, how do you find time for "adult time" DH and i are TTC and this is making it difficult! HELP! 

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allysmom2359
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:11 PM

My hubby works nights, so my 21/2 year old DD sleeps with me in our bed. On hubbys days off, we either go into the guest room and have our "fun time" there, or in the shower. We recently bought a 2nd toddler bed to put in our bedroom so she can sleep in our room and know we are there just a few feet away. She has one in her room that she will nap on, but I haven't tried putting her there over night.

in loveWife to Marcus toddler girlMommy to Allison rose

Myroslava
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:13 PM

I used to use a co-sleeper, that attaches to our bed, so, DD wouldn't be really in our bed,. And we'd have our adult time when she would be sleeping there. (I have to admit, we'd do that sometimes when she was awake, just playing there-she is still too little to understand, right)

You can also use nap time-get her to sleep, even in your bed, then put pillows on the edges of the bed and on the floor by the bed, and go do your thing in another room:)

AFWifeNMom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:16 PM

I am not comfortable with "doing it" with her in the room with us!

Daemonsmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:18 PM

We only co-slept with our DS until he was close to a year. Once he stopped feeding at night, he slept in his own room. My hubby and I usually got to have fun time when he napped. He either napped in his own room in his crib or in the living room in his pack and play. We also went through a dry spell where neither of us wanted any fun for 5 months. Good luck to you. I hope you are able to work everything out.

My DS has started wanting me to sleep in his bed with him at night but all I can do is close his door and let him cry himself to sleep. I think he realizes that his baby brother is going to be born soon and he is trying to get as much attention as he can now.

~Manda~

Daemonsmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:19 PM

We weren't either. We had enough problems with our cat being in the room when we "did it". He is a perv cat and just sits there watching. creepy. lol

Quoting AFWifeNMom:

AFWifeNMom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:21 PM

LOL, our dog growls and barks like DH is hurting me, lol i tried to tell him i like it but he thinks it is bad i guess

Quoting Daemonsmommy:

We weren't either. We had enough problems with our cat being in the room when we "did it". He is a perv cat and just sits there watching. creepy. lol

Quoting AFWifeNMom:

JAX_Mami
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:22 PM

you don't have to have sex in the bedroom....explore other rooms of the house!!bouncing

BUT

eddysmommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:22 PM

dh and i have our fun in the living room, while ds is sleeping

AFWifeNMom
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:24 PM

Thanks ladies, we will have to be sneaky, my 24 year old brother is living in our basement right now, but hey i guess that is the price he will have to pay for free rent, lol

Myroslava
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:28 PM

He-he-he! I guess i am in a minority here, lol.  I feel like i need to explane, though, that DD wasn't able to see us, and also, mostly, they were quickies:)

Quoting Daemonsmommy:

Quoting AFWifeNMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)